ROM Hack How To Translate ROMs

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm having trouble with NCBR files grrr. I open them on Crystal, but when i try to arrenge them it just wont do it. I been trying for hours but no lukc. NCGR files is another stry, i arrenge them in no time...

Anyone knows how to display NCBR files correctly?

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NCBR files are graphic files such as NCGR files.
There are many types of graphic encoding, so try 1bpp~ 8bpp. Usually, DS graphics are inversed 4bpp (should be on crystaltile as GBA 4bpp) and 8bpp.
Once you think you see something, use the shift + arrow keys to get it aligned. Usually, there is a map file, with an NSCR extention. The map file needs to be applied to see the scrambled graphics.

There are also the NCER file, which is similar to a map file but with an animation.
Crystaltile2 doesn't support NCER files yet so you would have to manually unscramble it.
There are many ways to unscramble it - using hernanZh's programs, using photoshop's action feature, or using a tile arranger created by a korean programmer, but that would be useless if you don't know what I am talking about, or if you don't know what you are doing.

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I know about NCER files, i've seen how they work on Tahaxan. I didn't knew that they could work on CT2. But, on ketsui's rom there are no NCER or NSCR files to map the files that i want. I'll guess i just keep trying on CT2
frown.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
none of the graphics are compressed, and uses a very easy format. (NCGR, NCBR, NCLR palettes and barely any maps are required)
It looks like the game is 80% graphics and 20% text. The text are viewable with a unicode table, and there are more texts in arm9 binary and the overlay files.

Sp33der

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How come when i open a file and i want to searchfor graphics i only get to see garbage? I also heard tingy32 was a good hex editor or is CT2 still better?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1