How to start using Slot 1

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by slamdunk, Apr 27, 2009.

Apr 27, 2009

How to start using Slot 1 by slamdunk at 2:00 AM (1,139 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. slamdunk
    OP

Newcomer slamdunk Newbie

I bought NDSL together with M3 Simply (Slot2). After a while i update it using Flashme.

Last week my baby son spoiled Slot 2. After that i can not play it. I bought R4 but my NDSL can not load R4 which i guess my flashme doing autoboot to Slot2.

Since Slot2 is faulty, can someone shed some light how to remove flashme without using Slot2.

FYI, i read somewhere that i can choose slot etc by holding "Start + Select" or "Start + Select + A + B + Y + X" while turning on the NDSL.

Nothing happen when i pressed Start + Select it go straight to main page with Pictochat + Clock.

When i pressed Start + Select + A + B + Y + X. the screen blanks.

2. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Hold Select while booting the SLOT-1 card, this will disable the SLOT-2 autobooting. You shouldn't have bought an R4, but you did, so we'll deal with that. To remove FlashMe (or if you prefer, you could install FlashMe No Autoboot, which gives you all the benefits of your current FlashMe install minus the SLOT-2 autobooting) on an R4, you need to encrypt the file you want to use (in this case, either noflashme.nds or flashme_noauto.nds) using R4Crypt. Not sure if R4Crypt handles the renaming or not, but assuming that it doesn't, rename the encrypted file to "_DS_MENU.DAT" (no quotes, ffs). Stick that file on the root of your microSD (e.g. if your microSD reader is F: drive, when you double click F: you're in the root directory) and boot up the R4 as I advised above, by holding Select. You should immediately be booted into either noflashme or flashme_noauto, whichever you decided to use. From here you should be able to handle the process since you've already flashed your DS previously. Have fun.

3. slamdunk
    OP

Newcomer slamdunk Newbie

Thanks for the reply.

I try holding select while booting it still go to NDSL menu as if no card in slot 2.

Please help to get other way.

Cheers

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    This sounds like a hardware problem, with the R4 not connecting to the pins in the cartridge slot correctly. FlashMe should never prevent a slot-1 device from booting if there's nothing in slot-2.