Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
That could be done via a plugin (and used to be), but it's an inherent and default feature of PRO now, and one way to tell if you're in hacked mode or not (the other way is to press Select).
I guess it's a good thing I've already added the psp to my router's whitelist ages ago
tongue.gif

Now to find some updated emulators, maybe some non-existent plugins
biggrin.gif

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this excellent guide. Used it last weekend to put permanent on a friend's Go, then today for mine.
Things have changed since I owned a PSP-1000. (:

The_Dark_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all. so I used this guide and it worked great except for one problem: every time I turn on the PSP, I have to relaunch the Update from the memory card. Even though I used the "permanent" install.

Any ideas what's going wrong? What other information do I need to provide to make this problem solvable?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Dark_Knight said:
hi all. so I used this guide and it worked great except for one problem: every time I turn on the PSP, I have to relaunch the Update from the memory card. Even though I used the "permanent" install.

Any ideas what's going wrong? What other information do I need to provide to make this problem solvable?

You ran the permanent patch, correct? Did you follow the instructions EXACTLY that appeared when you ran it? If you didn't, the permanent patch was NOT installed on your PSP.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
chaosdarkneo said:
The_Dark_Knight said:

You ran the permanent patch, correct? Did you follow the instructions EXACTLY that appeared when you ran it? If you didn't, the permanent patch was NOT installed on your PSP.
Maybe you just ran the test and thought you actually installed it?

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Radio Shack had knocked $50 off the price of a new Go, so i picked one up tonight. To my surprise it has the stock 5.70 on it. I assume the Perma 6.20 is my best bet, but figured it was worth my while to check here. Is this a safe assumption, or do I have a better option?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Roll on the Go...

I just thought of that randomly.

Anyways, Rydian, is it ADVISABLE to update to 6.60 PRO-B9 if you're already on 6.20 and fine with it?

I updated to 6.20 PRO-B9 simply because it seemed safer, but now that I'm there.. Well, I'm fine with it, just thinking there MUST be something better on 6.60... but Sony has just been releasing updates to try and save the PSP from hacking, not for new applications or more support, right?

Fscked

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSP 3000, God of War edition, that says System Software version 6.35. I then installed and ran the 6.60 update, downloaded the downgrader and the 6.20 (AFTER making sure it was compatible). When I run the downgrader, however, it says...
"A later version of the system software is already installed. There is no need to update. (CAAFFFFFCF7)"

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
chaosdarkneo said:
Anyways, Rydian, is it ADVISABLE to update to 6.60 PRO-B9 if you're already on 6.20 and fine with it?You only get the features added to OWF, I don't know of any critical ones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_P...system_software

chaosdarkneo said:
I updated to 6.20 PRO-B9 simply because it seemed safer, but now that I'm there.. Well, I'm fine with it, just thinking there MUST be something better on 6.60... but Sony has just been releasing updates to try and save the PSP from hacking, not for new applications or more support, right?The link shows you what's changed in the software. It's mostly minor stuff and exploit fixes.

QUOTE(Fscked @ Sep 30 2011, 06:36 AM)
I have a PSP 3000, God of War edition, that says System Software version 6.35. I then installed and ran the 6.60 update, downloaded the downgrader and the 6.20 (AFTER making sure it was compatible). When I run the downgrader, however, it says...
"A later version of the system software is already installed. There is no need to update. (CAAFFFFFCF7)"
You don't have any plugins on your memory stick, do you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I think back then it was the same as nowadays