how to run tcp gecko + kernel without browser?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Gr1mr3aper1989, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Gr1mr3aper1989
    OP

Gr1mr3aper1989 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    United States
    some of my games like windwaker only work with the tcpgecko+kernal via wii browser loadline method. is there a way to run this method from my homebrew app on my wii menu? i used the virtual ds exsploit to change my purchased ds game into homebrew. i hate the browser method becasue if i am in hospital do to my illness theres problems bieng able to do this offline with laptop and a random used router in the hospital will be more convienant.

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin FullMental Trollemist

Apr 1, 2015
    United States
    Vegeta's Hyrule
    Huh? If you have haxchi set up, it is the same as running the browser exploit.
    Not being a dick, just saying. Haxchi enables you to load homebrew from the wii u menu after startup without having to load the browser, it replaces that method.

If you have CBHC set up, that is to run custom firmware on boot I prefer to use haxchi alone and not the cold boot version, as it allows me to boot anything, and if I just want to play a game, there is no need for signature patches.

Last edited by EclipseSin, Apr 7, 2017
  3. Gr1mr3aper1989
    OP

Gr1mr3aper1989 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    United States
    no thats not true for cheats because cheats wont work for windwaker unless i launch it with via browser with kernal exsploit if i just run tcp gecko cheats work with breath of the wild but not windwaker. i want to know how to run tcpgecko with kernal exsploit so i can get cheats to work with windwaker. my wii u is 5.5.1 U

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you completly misunderstood the question. read the title of my thread please. i am not trying to load homebrew i am trying to find a method to use the tcpgecko + kernal via my homebrew instead of having to use the browser via loadline website.

4. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
  5. EclipseSin
    This message by EclipseSin has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 7, 2017, Reason: Flaming.
    Apr 7, 2017
  6. Gr1mr3aper1989
    OP

Gr1mr3aper1989 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2017
    United States
    To complicated to have to figure out game name and game id when I wish to cheat everytime

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also I use my disc backups installed on usb hdd. I do not use load line to play my games

7. FunThomas

FunThomas GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    Gambia, The
    i dont know what you are doing :-(

normally you use haxchi to run homebrewlauncher ?
    And then you start tcpgecko +codehandler from
    https://github.com/BullyWiiPlaza/tcpgecko

so only the *.elf and the codehandler.bin and the 2 files from meta folder in one directory and start it from hbl ?

this should work for the most games like wind waker + botw + a lot more

but for twighlight princess it does not work here -> but for this game i had some problems earlier with the loadiine version too there i had to turn on debugging and then it worked, there is maybe something different in the network interface usage of twighlight princess

8. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I'm sure you can find an elf that will work from HBL. You'll have to look around but I have two versions tcpgecko in my HBL. I don't know why one version doesn't work for everything but I have one for trainers and one for running my own codes