How to repair IOS files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ~Wiiloader~, Jul 22, 2010.

Jul 22, 2010

How to repair IOS files? by ~Wiiloader~ at 10:03 AM (1,468 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

Member ~Wiiloader~ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    HI! [​IMG]

MY Wii info: (PAL) System menu v4.0E (SoftModded)

I installed some IOS file through WAD manager in HBC and now i have a problem.
    Some of my Burned Wii Games will NOT start (black screen) others shows me error screen (“An error has occurred. Please press the eject button and remove the disk. Turn the wii console off and refer to the manual”) While other games still works normally like before, and originals works normally also...

I CAN load HBC, but NOTHING, non of the app’s from there will load, when I load some app’s it goes black screen and freezes my Wii. So I can’t use WAD manager to install wad files or any other HB application for that matter, which i think is because of IOS files that i installed, because that's when problem starts

Please help me how to repair or restore IOS files or what ewer i need to do.

THANKS
    [​IMG]

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Did you install cIOSCORP/DARKCORP? Sounds like that. And is your Wii connected to the Internet? More information would help, since "SoftModded" doesn't help at all.

You could try to install the IOSes you installed with WADs again with DOP-Mii (no to all Patches, and try to not download a stubbed one. This will install a clean IOS from Nintendo). Or you could probably also use NUS Auto Downloader, but I'm not shure about that...

Also, depending on the IOS, there's a chance that you'll brick. Everything at your own risk.

3. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    He has installed cIOSCORP for sure bc in his other thread he says that he is playing backups through diskchannel so...

I would recommend to get rid of the cIOSCORP thingy, (not sure if Det1re´s uncorp still does the trick) and then mod your wii and stick with usb loaders (e.g. Wiiflow).

4. muck chucker

Member muck chucker GBAtemp Regular

United States
    EDIT: DARKCORP v1.1 Full Package is online now!
    Also the uninstaller was broken in both the Lite and Full versions. It is fixed now.
    It can also now be used to uninstall ANY version of xxxxCORP.
    ...and a few typos in the README have been fixed.

Use the darkcorp uninstaller.

5. ocdetective

Member ocdetective GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Malaysia
    Sounds like you have relly scrambled your IOSes especially if you tried to wad install some on top of Cioscorp. Try to run an application like syscheck so we can properly diagnose your problem (it should give a print out of the version of IOSes you have and whether they are trucha bugged etc).

6. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    OK, i downloaded it from here > www.wiibrew.org

7. smuddge

Newcomer smuddge Advanced Member

United States
    read some guides before you start messing around.
    if you have no idea what to do then DO NOT DO IT!
    you will be bricked in no time by the sounds of it.

8. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    These are IOS files that i installed:

IOS34-64-v3087.wad
    IOS36patched.wad
    IOS38-v3867.wad
    IOS50-v4889.wad
    IOS53-v5406.wad
    IOS55-v5406.wad
    IOS56-v5405.wad
    IOS60patched.wad

9. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    I know that now... [​IMG]

But Do you know how to help me? [​IMG]

Thanks [​IMG]

10. Blue-K

Switzerland
    Look, this is still a big mess here. There's still the question why you would install these IOSes, for example. You still haven't told us what do you mean with "SoftModded". And also why you're still on 4.0? This isn't meant to sound rude, but it looks like you have no clue what you're doing, and just blindly follow an (probably) outdated Tut.

So, here's what you have to do before I'll help you:

1) Get Dop-Mii
    2) Unzip it, and place the contents of the Folder in the Root of the SD.
    3) Copy the boot.dol from the apps/Dop-Mii/ directory to the Root of the SD (better also Backup the "private"-Folder first if you have one already).
    4) Get Bannerbomb, unzip it to the Root of the SD.
    5) Now, insert the SD in the Wii, and go to Data Management -> Channels -> SD Card, klick OK.
    6) If you have an cIOS installed (Waninkoko, for example), choose 249. Otherwise, choose 36.
    6.1) If that don't work, choose "Install a patched IOS36" (or something like that).
    7) Now, select SysCheck.
    8) Follow the Instructions, and post the created File on the SD here.

I would also like to know what you're trying to accomplish, what your wishes are. Probably it's the best for you to rehack your Wii, start fresh with a proper Tut, but we'll see.

11. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    ("You still haven't told us what do you mean with "SoftModded".") What should i say about softmodding? [​IMG] you yust ask and i'l tell you everytning i know [​IMG]
    Your right, look at this, this is my other post that explains whole situation and PLEASE read it CAREFULLY [​IMG]

12. Blue-K

Switzerland
    Ok, it seems that you've installed SoftMii/cIOSCORP, because you can play Backups from the Disc Channel without a Modchip? It also seems that you are really outdated. I dunno what you want, since you didn't answered my questions, but I guess you still want to play your Discs from the Disc Channel (and not switch to USB).

So, here's my suggestion: Rehack your Wii, with a proper Tutorial. Updating would be recommended.

-Follow this one, Step-by-Step. Just follow it. You don't have to care that you already installed some of these, just follow it, Step-by-Step, and read carefully.
    -After that, install DARKCORP.

Oh, and next time: Don't create another Topic, and aswer my/the others questions. I hate these things.

13. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    I DONT KNOW what i did 2 years ago i 1st time SoftModded my Wii. I just used Some Soft-mode tutorial for PAL Wii / System menu 4.0E, i didnt know what i was doing, i just followed tutorial blindly from first to last step....

14. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    I downloaded SysCheck, now what should i do with it? [​IMG]

15. Blue-K

Switzerland

16. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    Your right, i'm sorry... [​IMG]
    It's just that im new to GBAtemp and i'm a little confused about who to listen to. And also i'm new to HB scene, and i'm not even a hacker.
    Now i'm doing your tutorial, i cant do all at the same time [​IMG] so.... i'm trying this thing you posted and il post the results. [​IMG]

17. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    Every time i do a SysCheck and it is checking IOS files it checks about 10 ios files (and it's saying that there are 26 IOS to check) and than my Wii freezes.

18. G0dLiKe

United States
    Ok, so DO you have cioscorp or darkcorp installed?

19. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    I don't remember what i was doing back than, but.... YES, i think so [​IMG]

20. G0dLiKe

United States
    This is where all begins...

Installing the other IOSes over the cioscorped stuff, this is why your wii is making problems now.

1.) get rid of cios/ darkcorp(hopefully ya know which one you installed)- use the corresponding uninstaller.