Homebrew How to render two images for the 3d ?

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i'd like to use the stereoscopic 3d of the 3ds but i don't really know how i should proceed to render two image to each stereoscopic side of the 3ds to render the 3d depth effect, how should i do ?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If your talking about images, a simple way is to take a picture in 3d, pull the two files from sd, modify both images in a photo editor (like gimp), copying over the images with the ones you want, and save them without changing format settings.

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If your talking about images, a simple way is to take a picture in 3d, pull the two files from sd, modify both images in a photo editor (like gimp), copying over the images with the ones you want, and save them without changing format settings.
i'm actually talking about homebrew development, i'd like to make a 3ds touhou fan made game, i'm currently using SDL for graphics and i'd like to modify the SDL output to use the stereoscopic 3d with a z variable added to the game objects

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i'm actually talking about homebrew development, i'd like to make a 3ds touhou fan made game, i'm currently using SDL for graphics and i'd like to modify the SDL output to use the stereoscopic 3d with a z variable added to the game objects
Damn, sorry idk. Of course you would have to set an x offset for any object rendered on the second screen, but honestly I don't think you can utilize the stereoscopics with sdl.

Pikachuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Damn, sorry idk. Of course you would have to set an x offset for any object rendered on the second screen, but honestly I don't think you can utilize the stereoscopics with sdl.
theorically it's possible but it would require to modify the sdl source code for the display part and that's the info i'm searching, i've never worked on this kind of things

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: