How to render two images for the 3d ?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pikachuk, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Pikachuk
    OP

Pikachuk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 19, 2016
    France
    Bordeaux
    Hi, i'd like to use the stereoscopic 3d of the 3ds but i don't really know how i should proceed to render two image to each stereoscopic side of the 3ds to render the 3d depth effect, how should i do ?

2. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    i too would like to know how to do this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    If your talking about images, a simple way is to take a picture in 3d, pull the two files from sd, modify both images in a photo editor (like gimp), copying over the images with the ones you want, and save them without changing format settings.

4. Pikachuk
    OP

Mar 19, 2016
    France
    Bordeaux
    i'm actually talking about homebrew development, i'd like to make a 3ds touhou fan made game, i'm currently using SDL for graphics and i'd like to modify the SDL output to use the stereoscopic 3d with a z variable added to the game objects

5. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    Damn, sorry idk. Of course you would have to set an x offset for any object rendered on the second screen, but honestly I don't think you can utilize the stereoscopics with sdl.

6. Pikachuk
    OP

Mar 19, 2016
    France
    Bordeaux
    theorically it's possible but it would require to modify the sdl source code for the display part and that's the info i'm searching, i've never worked on this kind of things