Hacking How to removed wired solder Wiikey

aznxluck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I had found out a while ago that my wiikey was a clone because it could not update what-so-ever.
I opened my wii yesterday and found out that its a wired type (thank god x.x). how would i go about removing it without damaging the wii?

Also my wii is a Japanese Console, and I was also wondering if Nintendo of America would fix a Japanese wii. >.> I have doubts about it, but just wanted to ask :x

thanks in advance!

aznxluck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um can someone quickly answer this? Its because I want to try out SSBB(J) on my wii unmodded.
And i also wanted to know if i could send in a japanese console to Nintendo of America just incase SSBB(J) doesnt work.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Unsolder the wires from the Wiikey. Those same wires could be used to install another modchip if you want
tongue.gif

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
aznxluck said:
Well I had found out a while ago that my wiikey was a clone because it could not update what-so-ever.
The updates do work on clones too, I use an ATMega8L with the dumped Wiikey code programmed on it and it updates fine by DVD.
Possibly you have an original Wiikey and the problem is with the soldering (I think one of the wires is the update wire), just check them all for bad connections and resolder if necessary.

aznxluck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh is that true? :x Guess Ill have to examine the points closely. I had Bought my wii with the wiikey installed already, so im not to sure about soldering on my own and whatnots. I guess ill try to find a place that could do it for me.

Ill get back to you guys, Im going to open up my wii again to check

Thanks! :]

aznxluck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay after inspecting the wii, i found that 2 of the wires were really weak solders... and they snapped off the black board.

Ill have to find a modder around here to get it fixed.. Anyone know a professional modder down in southern Cali? XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021