How to remove Google redirect virus?

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your post reads like you scanned a lot already. so i wanted to ask, what router do you have?

we have a linksys (by cicso) here with a known firmware issue. the router's IP gets put as the DNS so the router makes it impossible to visit some pages, it redirects, etc. i also experienced this about 40% of the time. i fixed it by manually entering google's dns servers (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) both in the router and my pc, now i have no more issues.

-another world
I got some Verizon router model number is GT784WNV

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The log shows a couple files...
C:\Program Files (x86)\SearchAmong Toolbar\
Does that folder exist? Try copy-pasting that into the "run" bar in the start menu, in case the folder got hidden.
Oh yeah the folder does exist. I opened it up, and there was an uninstall.exe so I uninstalled like that

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I used to go with Spybot S&D but after a while it became a little too resource intensive. Scanning takes forever and so does the update. Now I use Malwarebytes.

Pretty much the same with AVG. Prefer Avira nowadays.

But of course, it's all personal pref :)

D

Deleted-185407

Just to confirm, you have checked your hosts file right and saw nothing other than commented out localhost mappings?

AnupRaman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may try the manual trouble shooting steps mentioned here in the link to remove Google Redirect Virus manually. Please make sure to follow the instructions properly. Part of the troubleshooting includes doing IE optimization which helps in fixing the issue if it is browser related. Both tutorial is followed up by video tutorial to make it easy to follow the instructions. Good Luck

tofast4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm probably just going to have to restore, I tried most of all the above and can't fix it. If someone wants to dig in and help me, with teamviewer then that would be nice :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM