Hacking How to rebuild a working .3DS?

taha1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I got tired of doing experiments on .CIA, I borrowed a gateway for testing sake
but I cant get the .3DS I made to get past the error after the 3DS logo fade
is there something I need to keep in mind when I rebuild the romfs folder? it worked in CIA
or is it the RSF?
Building a CXI then converting to CCI doesn't even make the rom appear in gatway
so anyone who successfully rebuild a working .3DS can give a simple step by step?

I will make detailed tutorial thread once I succeed

taha1990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its against the rule to bump a thread but why every thread or question about repacking getting ignored?
I just managed to get one repacked game to work by using old makerom but the other games Im actually trying to mode wont get passed that damned error after the 3DS logo
I just need a help to figure what Im doing wrong

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
problem is that makerom is a bit "off" rebuilding the romfs.....it works for some games but not the majority, for most games it requires the use of nintendo's official SDK version of makerom......so yeah its a bit less public as i think everyone is just hoping someone comes along and either fixes the old public make rom or makes their own alternative........can't really make a good tutorial that says "go get the leaked SDK" :P

basically, until there is a publicly distributable way to rebuild the romfs that works for all games i think most people are just sitting on their hands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy