How to rebuild a working .3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by taha1990, Dec 9, 2014.

1. taha1990
    OP

taha1990 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    After I got tired of doing experiments on .CIA, I borrowed a gateway for testing sake
    but I cant get the .3DS I made to get past the error after the 3DS logo fade
    is there something I need to keep in mind when I rebuild the romfs folder? it worked in CIA
    or is it the RSF?
    Building a CXI then converting to CCI doesn't even make the rom appear in gatway
    so anyone who successfully rebuild a working .3DS can give a simple step by step?

I will make detailed tutorial thread once I succeed

2. taha1990
    OP

taha1990 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2013
    United States
    I know its against the rule to bump a thread but why every thread or question about repacking getting ignored?
    I just managed to get one repacked game to work by using old makerom but the other games Im actually trying to mode wont get passed that damned error after the 3DS logo
    I just need a help to figure what Im doing wrong

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    problem is that makerom is a bit "off" rebuilding the romfs.....it works for some games but not the majority, for most games it requires the use of nintendo's official SDK version of makerom......so yeah its a bit less public as i think everyone is just hoping someone comes along and either fixes the old public make rom or makes their own alternative........can't really make a good tutorial that says "go get the leaked SDK" :P

basically, until there is a publicly distributable way to rebuild the romfs that works for all games i think most people are just sitting on their hands