How to Prove to Paypal that microSD is Counterfeit?

lamentofking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, of course. (I forgot some words in that sentence :lol:) "But what do you normally do instead of sending it back?"
I mostly had to send things back to the seller to receive a refund. But you don't seem to be allowed to send it back, so do you keep it and get a refund in such cases?
Well usually Paypal makes you provide proof that the item is counterfeit but I'm assuming that since the transactions were small they didn't even bother and just refunded me. They are also (I hear) supposed to make you provide proof of you destroying the item but seeing as they never had me provide proof I never got that far.

Best thing to do when facing the possibility of dealing with goods that run the risk of being fake is simply to say the item hasn't turned up (providing its not been sent registered post).
Usually there aren't any tracking numbers provided in a scam like this but hey, technology is getting more advanced.

Do the mail police search your letters?
(that's a rhetorical question by the way, they don't)

You got extremely lucky that paypal did anything. It's likely the seller didn't respond at all. It's very, very rare that paypal sides with a buyer.
Again, I bring up the point of different countries. So far your claim seems to apply only if you are in Canada because I haven't heard of more buyers losing disputes than winning them in the US. Albeit, 2 out of the 3 claims the seller did not respond because Protection Services were able to determine authenticity on inspection. On the other claim the seller did respond but denied the claim of it being counterfeit. I had to return the item and this is when I called Paypal and explained the legality of shipping counterfeit items through post and then they refunded me (and again, I assume since the purchase was small they didn't care about refunding and me keeping the item).

Odd, the 3 or so cases I've made against sellers I've always won and gotten a refund. Dunno your experience, but I've had nothing but good ones.
I can vouch for this obviously. :)

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Odd, the 3 or so cases I've made against sellers I've always won and gotten a refund. Dunno your experience, but I've had nothing but good ones.

I imagine the only time cases go through is if the seller cracks and doesn't understand how Paypal works. I'm sure plenty just think it's not worth the effort and tap out. I used to deal with paypal a LOT. I mean i used to purchase like 10 things a month online through various things using paypal. Of the 10 or so claims I had to make during that time, 1 went through. 5 were a meh amount of money so I just gave up, the other 3 I got chargebacks directly through my bank because they ACTUALLY made an effort for me. My bank is awesome. One of the paypal claims the seller responded with "." and the case was closed by paypal in the sellers favour the next day, when I contacted their support I got an automated message every time that stated I should "talk to the seller." Which of course was the first thing I did, and stated just that. Anyway long story short, paypal is run by monkeys and robots. Possibly monkey robots but that's a bit too cool for paypal.
Honestly i'm not the only one who frequently uses paypal that has problems either. You can find paypal horror stories all over the place. They've become progressively more and more shit as the years go by. They used to be pretty good years ago.
I think there's even a couple sites dedicated to paypal horror stories...been a while since I looked it up.

Had a few friends run into problems using paypal as well over the years though I just figured they were unlucky because I always had (previously, years ago) good experiences.

But anyway that's enough paypal hate from me. I use the site because I have to but I still detest that cesspool of idiocy. I guarantee any claims in your favour are because of the seller directly and not because paypal actually does anything. (many sellers are scared of paypal claims but don't understand how easy it is for them to just bypass the entire system)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1