How to play NOT Wii Backups

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rduque, Jan 11, 2009.

Jan 11, 2009

How to play NOT Wii Backups by rduque at 9:38 AM (1,351 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. rduque
    OP

Newcomer rduque Member

Colombia
    Hi.

I've downloaded 2 wii images files (iso) but They aren´t common wii game backup. The games are "Mario Multi ROM" and "Mario and Friends".

The games are PC like iso files with the next dir tree:

|_ boot.catalog
    |_ bootldr.dol
    |_ mfe-fs.bz2
    |_ [BOOT]
    |_ Bootable_NoEmulation.img

What I must to do to play these games?

AFAIK .dol is a wii application ... Do I must to install It on wii coping to a SD apps dir and using HBC?

AFAIK a .bz2 is a compressed/tar file but I try to open It and I get an incorrect type file.

AFAIK .img file is a cd/dvd image ... Do I must to Burn It?

Another strage issue. The original ISO is about 2GB, but when I extract the files on It I get ONLY 9MB !!!

Thanks.

2. davedeluxe

Member davedeluxe GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    i think you run this in gc mode, otherwise read the readme file. if you don't have a chip, the gc backups won't work.

3. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Yep these are in fact gamecube emus for the wii and as this time will only work with hard mod,i have to say these emus are awsome my fav is the 2 dvd set of neogeo cd it rocks..............

4. JoeyGennaro

Member JoeyGennaro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yet ANOTHER reason why I seriously wish instead of saying "it would be difficult" to all the guys working on a GCN backup loader or function to one of the existing loaders that they would work on this. Right now game loading functionality for the Wii is 99% with all of the tricks found by everybody, so I really think this is the next logical step.....and then see what we can do about somehow getting more N64 games to load because the Wii64 emulator is horrible....it's slow to the point of not being able to play anything. The games I'd love to see are all of the Rare 64 games....I think we all agree those are the best.

5. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    Well then get on it and make it happen mr demanding. Maybe we should all ask why YOU havent released it yet. Im tired of waiting on you to write this software. So hurry up [​IMG] [​IMG]