Hacking How to Make my Wii Play Backups from Other Regions?

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently went on a trip to America and got some cheap games for my Wii from there, but I just got back from there and since my Wii is a PAL it won't play them normally.. how would I go about making my Wii play backups from other regions?

Wii Type - PAL
Version - 4.2E
Softmodded - YES

etc.

Thanks in advance,
WiLDFiRE.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
wildfire95 said:
Softmodded - YES
And this, is still a useless information. Please be clearer. How "Softmodded"? Can you play backups? From USB? From Disc? How do you play them from the Disc? Etc...

Anyways, all USB-Loaders can play Discs from another Region. And all Disc-Loaders too. For Retails/ModChips/DARKCORP, you can either use NeoGamma (which works with Retails and Backups), GeckoOS or use Startpatch/Priiloader (with Region-Free Hack) to allow them to run from the Disc-Channel.

And if you get no color/green screen, etc., toy around with the settings (Force Videomode especially).

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry mate ^.^

I can run games from USB or Disk at the moment, usually I just load from disk's though. The software I usually use is NeoGamma but this Gecko OS looks interesting.

EDIT - So I just need to get Gecko OS and run that and I'm done? Nothing else needed?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
wildfire95 said:
Sorry mate ^.^

I can run games from USB or Disk at the moment, usually I just load from disk's though. The software I usually use is NeoGamma but this Gecko OS looks interesting.

EDIT - So I just need to get Gecko OS and run that and I'm done? Nothing else needed?
Yup, run it, and done. Though NeoGamma will also work, and other USB-Loaders too.

wildfire95

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesome!

Thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum