Hacking How to make loadiine.ohv or wiiubru my homepage?

4gionz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i want to open my browser and it auto loads onto a page but I really can't seem to get this to work. I know on 3ds you open the page without internet then close and open the browser, but one wiiu no matter what I do it always opens to the "bookmarks" page.

Sorry if this something easy but for some reason I can't figure this out.. I'd appreciate any help.

Ps: I tried posting this in wiiu hacking and homebrew but I got no answers so sorry for starting a whole new thread

D

Deleted User

I know on 3ds you open the page without internet then close and open the browser, but one wiiu no matter what I do it always opens to the "bookmarks" page.
That's what I did. I made sure that my laptop was disconnected from my Wi-Fi, so that my Wii U would fail to load the page. Then I cpressed HOME and quit the browser, open/closed System Settings (to reset the kernel) and boom - as long as my laptop is connected to Wi-Fi, all i have to do is open the browser. Instant haxx.

Reactions: 4gionz

4gionz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is also described here in the instructions
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...ss-on-firmwares-5-3-2-5-4-0-and-5-5-1.424679/

Just make sure you are disconnected and then enter miimaker - taddaaaaa :)
Thanks!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are the instructions just in case anyone in the future ever needs the answer directly without anymore digging.

1. Let's say I want to load the HBL direct launch every time that I open my 5.5.1 Wii U browser. First turn off your wifi
2. Open the browser and type in the direct link for your exploit (in my case "www.wiiubru.com/x")
3. The page will fail
4. Press the Home button
5. Press Wii U Menu
6. Open Mii Maker and let it load.
7. Exit Mii Maker with the button in the bottom left

Now every time you open your browser it will go to that link immediatly. You can cancel this by following thesame steps for a different link.

*Credit to kafluke obviously, I just changed it so it's all about using wifi (no self hosting)

Reactions: peteruk

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also do this go to the page exit out of the video and close the browser
Sometimes it's hard to exit out of the video before it loads. That's why we recommend disconnecting your network so the page fails and the address stays in the browser giving you enough time to exit.

Entering miimaker ensures that the browser fully closes and caches the last address.

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes it's hard to exit out of the video before it loads. That's why we recommend disconnecting your network so the page fails and the address stays in the browser giving you enough time to exit.

Entering miimaker ensures that the browser fully closes and caches the last address.
it works pretty easily for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...