How to make a Win7 install USB?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by The Pi, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2011
  1. The Pi
    OP

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    I have an eMachines netbook (eM350) with Windows XP + Slax dualboot, thing is, I had somesort of virus pretending to be an anti-malware thing, I've scanned it everyday using Malwarebytes for a week or so now, but even though it's removing some of them others go undetected so I thought I might aswell reinstall windows, however, the built in factory reset fails to work it just restarts the computer.

My internet access is funny just now (low limit mobile internet) so I can't download big Windows isos all I have is a Win7 32bit iso (which worked fine on my friends laptop) since it's a netbook there's no DVD drive (I don't have any blank discs anyway) so I would need to either get discs and connect a DVD drive to it or install it somehow though a USB.

I've tried a number of guides to install it through a USB with both my 4GB and 16GB USB sticks which didn't work (I have booted linux off both these drives in the past) I also have a 320GB portable HDD though I've backed up all my files from the netbook on it so I'd rather not use that.

So I ask, is there a way to install it through a USB? Or will I need to just have it as just a linux box for just now?

Thank you.

2. The Pi
    OP

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Nevermind, KingdomBlade helped me out via the shoutbox.
    Universal USB installer has an option to install win7 through USB.
    I'll get this closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.