Homebrew [How-to] Load a fw.img for Any File Dumping + WiiUBru status update

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that was a huge waste of time. Turns out there are still a ton of differences in the background gradient of the TV image from the Gamepad image, so the only way for me to get the perfect look would be if someone had a gamepad capture card to capture the image from.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 69816

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here you go @Irastris TheCyberQuake usually takes a long time to respond to stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Irastris hello i got the wiiu menu screen
Yeah sorry about that. Been busy with irl stuff lately

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a splash screen with just the graffiti if anyone wants it, since my original idea turned out to be impossible to execute for the time being.
dskfqu.png

Attachments

• launch_image.zip
    57.5 KB · Views: 276

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is absolutely ridiculous. The image that dimok's iosuhax loads isn't the native resolution of the gamepad (the gamepad is 854x480 while the splash image is 896x504), so I have to sit here and rebuild the fw.img over and over again until I can get this little TARGA asshole positioned properly to appear as if nothing changed but the graffiti. Attempting to use an image that is 854x480 causes a GURU Meditation freeze as well.

@dimok if you see this, can you please change that in one of your next commits if possible?
What exactly did you change besides the image resolution? You have to also change the loop which goes through 896 x 504 pixels (in code). If you dont want to change code just pad your image with black color.

I'll look at it at some point but i am busy with other stuff now.

Reactions: Irastris

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to also change the loop which goes through 896 x 504 pixels (in code).
I did try that, but for some reason it resulted in a bunch of scrambled colors instead of displaying the TARGA, so I ended up padding it with white in the end.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi can boot different fw.img files if you add a config.txt for it.
The only other way is to wait for someone to create a multiple fw.img mod for CFWbooter.
The only issue with that is that if you move fw.img to another location, you NEED to modify the patch files and compile a custom fw.img so that it properly soft resets back to the new location rather than SD root. Unless something changed recently, this is still an issue. I asked fix94 about it and didn't even get a reply. If he is going to advertise that haxchi can boot fw.img from multiple locations, he should at least notify everyone that soft-reset doens't work without modifying fw.img. I even tested the latest commit as of a few days ago and it still didn't fix that issue, and in fact made it so my previous edits to change it's location somehow failed so it wasn't even able to be fixed, at least not in the same way I did before.

D

Deleted User

Is it possible to use this in conjunction with Cafiine?
Yep. Once you are booted into redNAND or a signature-patched sysNAND, you can run the kernel exploit and then install Cafiine (or install SDCafiine from the Homebrew Launcher).

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Once you are booted into redNAND or a signature-patched sysNAND, you can run the kernel exploit and then install Cafiine (or install SDCafiine from the Homebrew Launcher).
What about with CFW Booter, does that also apply? Or do I need to go through the entire RedNand process?

D

Deleted User

What about with CFW Booter, does that also apply? Or do I need to go through the entire RedNand process?
When you run the kernel exploit to open HBL, and then launch CFW booter, your console has been rebooted into the new firmware. That means that you will need to re-run the PPC kernel exploit in order to launch HBL, Cafiine or any other program.

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you run the kernel exploit to open HBL, and then launch CFW booter, your console has been rebooted into the new firmware. That means that you will need to re-run the PPC kernel exploit in order to launch HBL, Cafiine or any other program.
So does that mean I run CFW Booter in HBL, then go to the loadiine website to boot SDCafiine?

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F