Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Charganium

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just succeeded on my FIRST TRY on 10.3 n3DS via ironhax!!!

Now if only I could find my actual cartridge of it so I can transfer my save data and sell it.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
Any1 who's console got bricked while doin this? Please, my console details are in my signature, tell me whether I can do this without hurtin my 3DS...
It won't unless you turn off your 3ds while you install your cia.

When the app starts its not installing theme so if it crashes just restart!

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
It won't unless you turn off your 3ds while you install your cia.

When the app starts its not installing theme so if it crashes just restart!
If i put my 3DS in Sleep Mode while installing a CIA through this, will it brick my 3DS? I'm sorry if I'm talking too much bout brickin, but i have only one3DS and i care for it more than I care for my life...

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Jeez this thread is still going, I thought it would have died out since people can pretty safely downgrade to 9.2 and easily install CIAs now

Anyway, I wouldn't risk closing your 3ds whilst installing a CIA just in case

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
Jeez this thread is still going, I thought it would have died out since people can pretty safely downgrade to 9.2 and easily install CIAs now

Anyway, I wouldn't risk closing your 3ds whilst installing a CIA just in case
downgrading has a HUGE risk of getting your 3Ds bricked, so maybe people are preffering to install CIAs on thier current system version rather than 9.2

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
downgrading has a HUGE risk of getting your 3Ds bricked, so maybe people are preffering to install CIAs on thier current system version rather than 9.2
A "HUGE risk" you say? If you're running a N3DS then sure, the risk is a little higher, but the risk for the O3DS is TINY, especially with the new sysupdater that was released that lowers the risk even more.
I'm not telling people to downgrade - people can do what they want with their consoles, but the risk isn't that big, especially on O3DS'.

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
A "HUGE risk" you say? If you're running a N3DS then sure, the risk is a little higher, but the risk for the O3DS is TINY, especially with the new sysupdater that was released that lowers the risk even more.
I'm not telling people to downgrade - people can do what they want with their consoles, but the risk isn't that big, especially on O3DS'.
Okay... I saw many people say that thier 3DS got bricked while downgrading, that is the reason why I thought that there is a huge risk in downgrading...

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay... I saw many people say that thier 3DS got bricked while downgrading, that is the reason why I thought that there is a huge risk in downgrading...
I'm not trying to be rude, I realise it may have sounded that way so sorry if it did. And most of the bricks that occurred were softbricks, meaning that entering recovery (L+R+A+DPAD UP) was able to fix it.
Anyway, I downgraded my O3DS and my friend's O3DSXL with absolutely no issues. If you have nothing to lose (regarding stuff from the eshop) I'd also suggest formatting the system before downgrading if you choose to downgrade.
If you want to stay on 10.3 and install CIAs through FBI that's fine too, I just know it's frustrating getting it to work (I started trying as soon as the updated FBI came out and it took me over 4 hours to install anything)

Rickmofujohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be rude, I realise it may have sounded that way so sorry if it did. And most of the bricks that occurred were softbricks, meaning that entering recovery (L+R+A+DPAD UP) was able to fix it.
Anyway, I downgraded my O3DS and my friend's O3DSXL with absolutely no issues. If you have nothing to lose (regarding stuff from the eshop) I'd also suggest formatting the system before downgrading if you choose to downgrade.
If you want to stay on 10.3 and install CIAs through FBI that's fine too, I just know it's frustrating getting it to work (I started trying as soon as the updated FBI came out and it took me over 4 hours to install anything)
I'm on a new 3Ds Xl which has extremely mixed results during downgrading from a system to system basis - so yes one might imagine this method is useful. Question though, can you update with legit cias installed? People on 10.3 don't get cfw access so yeah.

Harps

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm on a new 3Ds Xl which has extremely mixed results during downgrading from a system to system basis - so yes one might imagine this method is useful. Question though, can you update with legit cias installed? People on 10.3 don't get cfw access so yeah.
With legit CIAs you should be able to, however I'd imagine it would be better to set up emuNAND and install the CIAs to there. From what I can understand, N3DS users are getting 9.6+ emuNAND support thanks to what was revealed in the talk on the 27th.
Like I said, no one has to update, but it is an option.

EpicInki

Trophies
Website
EpicInki.com
XP
Country
I don't know how, but I think I just installed Tomodachi Life o.O! After so long trying, I can't believe it.
Going to attempt the rest now, I think my Animal Crossing is not legit though which is kind of annoying since I would have to do this all again etc, I'm sure I can live without it though.

Thank you all so much! In the end it worked by just loading FBI, pressing start after it didn't work and loading it again with it saying Done! (This was a pattern for a while but each time it didn't work, until now :) )

EDIT: Well I tried installing something else and it gave me an error, so I guess I was just EXTREMELY lucky for the first one to work .-.

Last edited by EpicInki,

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sweet, tried it once again and got to done, Tomodachi Life's installing now.
- Menuhax 2.1 on autoboot (type 2)
- started FTBrony, immediately closed it (2x B)
- started FBI, spammed A (since some people succeeded by that I thought "why not")
- saw the log for a second with "Done" at the end
- tried installing Tomodachi and now we'll see
Oh yea, sysinfo or something, right?
o3DS 10.3 EUR
Update: installed successfully, downloaded the update for the game without probs. Gonna try SSB later as well.

Rickmofujohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, tried it once again and got to done, Tomodachi Life's installing now.
- Menuhax 2.1 on autoboot (type 2)
- started FTBrony, immediately closed it (2x B)
- started FBI, spammed A (since some people succeeded by that I thought "why not")
- saw the log for a second with "Done" at the end
- tried installing Tomodachi and now we'll see
Oh yea, sysinfo or something, right?
o3DS 10.3 EUR
Update: installed successfully, downloaded the update for the game without probs. Gonna try SSB later as well.
quick question, was the FBI app lagging for u once it finally worked?

after numerous attempts mine worked...but the input lag was immense. so, I decided not to risk it and reboot.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
quick question, was the FBI app lagging for u once it finally worked?

after numerous attempts mine worked...but the input lag was immense. so, I decided not to risk it and reboot.
Nah, it was pretty smooth. First input felt a bit laggy but after that, it was ok.
€dit: Trying to install SSB now, second try froze at Done. :( It definitely seems to work better with Menuhax tho.

Last edited by signz,

Weekender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hypothetically, what would 10.4 do to the legit CIAs? Or do they affect the whole system to the point where it possibly could be bricked when updated?

ThatAusGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So is this safe to run online? I downgraded and installed CFW to my N3DS, though I am very hesitant to try any games online (including these legit CIAs) just in case of a NNID or hardware ban

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet