United States
Finally! After 4 days trying!

- System: N3DS
- Sysnand: 10.3U
- Booted HBL with: MenuHax v2.1
- Homebrew Version: Original Smea
- Game: Mario Kart 7
- Did it work: Yes

Notes: i didn't spam "A" button or opened other apps like FTbrony or HANS, just removing battery for quickly turning off.

Now I have a question: I noticed that after installation, FBI didn't close! But at that moment i only had 1 legit cia on the SD... Can i install all the legit cia on a row once the app is properly opened? or i have to suffer the same with each cia?
You can install as many as you want in one go. It's a good idea to have everything you want already on your SD card before attempting this.

Reactions: lomejor18

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
This is getting really frustrating. Its been 3 days since we've had access to this modified FBI and we are no where closer to understanding what we need to do to make it work/ what's causing errors. The little I know about homebrew is that sometimes launching an app with a similar code can help with a glitchy homebrew app (so all those theories about ftbrony, CHMM2, yeti3ds and FTP 3DS seem valid), but the stuff about take out the game cart or mashing buttons looks more coincidental. Menuhax does seem like the best option but it does not load the app properly. Ironhax loads FBI the best but the chances of the exploit are random at best and is therefore not a good option as menuhax (someone posted earlier about problems using ironhax may be due to the 3ds loading a game beforehand, possibly a reason for unstable exploit). Who modified FBI btw? Because that may give us the specs of what 3ds/entry point it was designed for and therefore we can rest easy knowing who it can/cannot work for. The light at the end of the tunnel is that pictures of KTM show it also has an option for installing legit CIAs so when/if it is released we would be able to install legit CIAs as well as safely downgrade

Last edited by naivegirl2411,

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Attempting this one last time now, only gonna install Happy Home Designer, Kirby and Luigi's Mansion to have a complete collection of legit CIAs (if we exclude MH3 & MH4, I don't like those lol)

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Day 3. Still no luck. I think I'll just wait for a more stable built of FBI.
The eject trick works pretty good for me. It's all about the timing.
If you want CIAs badly you can just downgrade. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attempting this one last time now, only gonna install Happy Home Designer, Kirby and Luigi's Mansion to have a complete collection of legit CIAs (if we exclude MH3 & MH4, I don't like those lol)
Make sure you update HHD from the eshop.

Reactions: Lycan911

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want CIAs badly you can just downgrade. [emoji14]

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure you update HHD from the eshop.
I know, I always update games before playing them :D

(except for ironfall lol)

XswordcraftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
If you want CIAs badly you can just downgrade. :P

Getting to FBI using the eject trick is one thing. Getting the installation to start without failing is another big hurdle. I'll just be patient to wait for a better release. Not for risking a brick by downgrading.

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting to FBI using the eject trick is one thing. Getting the installation to start without failing is another big hurdle. I'll just be patient to wait for a better release. Not for risking a brick by downgrading.
You could get someone to help you.
Trust me, I didn't knew how to do it but someone helped me and I can play any CIAs I want now. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...