Hacking How to install IOS247?

spacerobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install IOS247 to use with softchip, and even though I am connected to the internet I am getting a network error when it tries to connect. I read that I need to download the offline installation files and put them on my sd card, but I have not been able to find the right ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spacerobot said:
I tried to install IOS247 to use with softchip, and even though I am connected to the internet I am getting a network error when it tries to connect. I read that I need to download the offline installation files and put them on my sd card, but I have not been able to find the right ones. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

What do you want? Install IOS247, just means, instally ANY IOS as IOS247. Do you want the rev6 cIOS for DL games, do you want a cIOS37 for Rock Band instruments, or do you want a "normal" cIOS for backup launching? You can install all these cIOS as IOS247.

spacerobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. I have proven my n00bness. I am trying to install an older cIOS from 0.3 beta to use with softchip. I was having a hard time with SSBB DVD9 and I read that the beta of backuplauncher had dvd9 support. What is the best IOS to install for that? the 0.3 beta? I currently have 0.3 gamma installed with IOS249 I think.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
beta worked fine for SBBdvd9, if you install rev 6 to ios247 then you'll need a version of beta that uses 247 and not 249, other wise it will not work

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
spacerobot said:
So if I install rev 6 to IOS247 and use softchip and point it to use IOS247 it should work?

Yes, you only need to find a rev6 installer for IOS247. Or you need to modify the standard cIOS36rev6 IOS249 installer on your own.

spacerobot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Thanks everyone. I'll have to look around for an installer. If anyone knows of one could you let me know?

Thanks.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does this rev6 installer downloads the files from the server or does it also work with the needed files in SD:/00000001/ ?

//EDIT:
Yes, It can use the files from SD!

icebeam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just to clarify (kinda new here) I just run the file that nutta posted in homebrew and then select ios 247 from softchip to get this to work, or do I have to do other things as well? Sorry for the newb question ive been searching through this site trying to figure this out for like 3 hours now but its all still a bit complicated for me =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun