Homebrew How to install deVmenu?

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Seems like browserhax doesn't work on 4.5. Is there any other homebrew that works on 4.5 and doesn't requiers any kind of flashcard, ninjahax or similar?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems like browserhax doesn't work on 4.5. Is there any other homebrew that works on 4.5 and doesn't requiers any kind of flashcard, ninjahax or similar?
Oh yeah. It doesn't.

Why again don't you update to 9.2? Respectively update to 10.3 then downgrade to 9.2

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Because when i was on 9.2 i couldn't install any cias over FBI injection so googling it said that I can install cias over devmenu but i must be on 4.5. Now i'm on
4.5 and looking to install devmenu. Just to repeat i dont own gateway or anything similar that's why i'm on this low version. So, any other homebrew on 4.5?

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have installed fbi correctly, but when i tried to install any kind of cia games it said failed to install, something like that. Googling said that FBI can't install every cia, only devmenu and bigbluemenu can.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Certainly not. Maybe it fails for some specific system titles, but it never failed for any other cia on me, be it game or homebrew. But as you don't know your exact error message anymore, no one knows.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I got error like this (start at 15m32s):

So to end this, can you suggest me what to do? I will start allover from the begginning just please lead me what to do so I can finally install cia games

Last edited by Virdoo,

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Undoubtedly Wurstpistole can help you more than I can but I can say one thing - the H&S fbi version in that video (and also the one i injected on my H&S on my o3ds) is an older one as opposed to the standalone cia installed one. Video shows 1.3.8 whereas latest is 1.4.17

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, I got one more question. Your 3ds was on 9.2 when you installed rxtool and on that version you installed fbi and with that fbi you installed games?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hm, okay. I would strongly suggest you go to 10.3 again, then downgrade to 9.2 and then use a tutorial to set up everything fresh from start to finish. There's a good o3ds tutorial in my signature. Normally fbi gets installed before creating emunand, so it's not even necessary to inject it as it will be there already.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK, i will do it now. But if installing over fbi injections fails again, what should i do?
Normally you would install fbi via pasta cfw before you format Emunand. That will copy fbi over to emunand. You can also install devmenu or bbm via Pasta before creating Emunand, then you will have all of them. No need to inject anymore.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm really new here so most of these things are also new for me, sorry about it. So If i remember good, pasta is cfw same as rxtool, right? So instead of RX, i should install pasta?

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, once you're back on 9.2, I would recommend this video.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm really new here so most of these things are also new for me, sorry about it. So If i remember good, pasta is cfw same as rxtool, right? So instead of RX, i should install pasta?

Yes, Pasta is a cfw. But if you're using rxtools anyway, there's no need to use it.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Just an quick update. I managed to do it this time. So what I did. I updated AGAIN my 3ds to 10.3 and downgraded it also again on 9.2. After it I've repeated same process again with CFW and installed also again FBI injection, but this time I managed to install games. I really didn't do anything differed than last time, so I guess i was unlucky one first time. Thanks everyone for helping me out and leading me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I got last question. After I've installed games, can I delete cias to free some space on memory card? Will my games work after that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up