Hacking How to install CFW on N3DS?

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I just want to play games (online included) and have a 10.7 EmuNand.
I don't need anything else.

Thanks.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just want to play games (online included) and have a 10.7 EmuNand.
I don't need anything else.

Thanks.
10.7 EmuNand? Wouldn't that mean you're running a CFW already?... Or did you mean SysNand, which is your internal system's NAND (which stores your operating system)?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide up to Part 4, Section I, Step 18, ignoring the parts about OTPHelper, Tiny Format, PlaiSysUpdater, arm11.bin, and arm9.bin in Part 4. It'll leave you with a bootable CFW, 10.7 EmuNAND, and the ability to install CIA files.

Reactions: Samwix

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, definitely check out the Plailect Wiki! Just note that if you are on an official firmware of 10.6 or higher, you will not be able to hack your system without a copy of Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time, or Super Mystery Dungeon for your native console region. Additionally, note that OoT and SMD will require either an Action Replay Powersaves Pro, a regular 3DS at 10.5 or lower firmware, or an already hacked 3DS. The cheapest solution for 10.6+ USA users is typically Ocarina of Time+Powersaves Pro, and don't even need the powersaves pro if they have a friend/sibling to borrow a <=10.5 3DS from.

Anything lower, you can do it all for free, but just make sure you have an SD card with at least 8gb of space or higher. (It's possible on a 4gb, but a lot more tedious than the 3-5 hour process of hacking already is)

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
10.7 EmuNand? Wouldn't that mean you're running a CFW already?... Or did you mean SysNand, which is your internal system's NAND (which stores your operating system)?
As @Hayleia said, it's included in the "I just want to" ;)

Anyway, thanks guys for these details :)

I just know installing RxTools on o3DS/2DS :P

Last edited by Samwix,

Samwix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hum... Isn't there a simpler way to just have an EmuNAND 10.7 as RxTools on O3DS?

I don't need arm9 etc, just wanna play games, install cias and an updated EmuNand...

Last edited by Samwix,

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the stuff about A9LH in the guide that everyone's been linking and just get to the point that I mentioned. The guide is aimed at getting you from stock to fully modded, but requires setting up a bootable CFW with EmuNAND and CIA installation capabilities as part of the process. I'm merely pointing you to where the guide achieves what you desire.

Reactions: pbanj

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You must enter Homebrew from an entrypoint of your choice and just run the Luma3DS homebrew.
It should lead you to the EmuNAND.
Like the guys before said:
Just follow the guide till Part IV Section 1 Step 18.
If you reached there you will have an EmuNAND and should know how to boot into it.

Last edited by Ar5chK3ks,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.