• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
LD560 While changing MAC connection resets and established again. While changing the MAC list you must run nzone.exe reload to force refresh of nzone.macs file. Just keep running, Nintendo have a maintenance of street pass relays sometimes, there is nothing we should change at least till the next firmware release.

Refund

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
miiverse.nintendo.net
XP
Country
Refund It will work but don't be surprised if one day router stops responding. It may take years or days though. Just FYI

Bambamthepyro you must follow the instructions provided with the driver, in most cases it is a readme file

Thats for the warning.

Its okay though, The router only cost $15 so no harm done if that happens.
I am currently cycling through 239 MACs per day (Changes every 6 minutes)
If it breaks I will report back here.

Reactions: duke_srg

one_eye_smiley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to the streetpass party. I've been trying with varied results since early december, and I'm so close, but not there yet. I have Windows 7 on a laptop, and a wireless USB adapter called netis WF111 on the box and realtek RTL8188CU on the computer. I installed the USB dongle and disabled my wireless networking card yesterday, and downloaded nzone.exe and maccheck.cmd. I disabled all the security and antivirus things I could find, along with my firewall. Maccheck showed me some 1s, so I know I can change my MACS. But when I run nzone.exe, it can't connect to the internet. When I check the IPV4 status of consolenintendo3ds, it says for internet, "not connected". On my 2ds, it said the Nintendo Zone service was available yesterday, but not today. When I stop nzone.exe and restart it, I still have no luck. I didn't try installing DD-WRT on my wi-fi dongle, but I did rename it to NZ@McDI'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing, but I don't know what. Thank you so much for your hard work for the homepass community.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I left it all day and got nothing. The command console also became unresponsive.

I restarted my pc and the strangest thing happened. Virtual Router booted as ConsoleNintendo3DS and straight away I received a pass.

I've left this going now but it is strange as the interval for passes seems random as hell. I'm currently timeing it.

Don't know how this happened but who cares..lol

LiquidAngel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I left it all day and got nothing. The command console also became unresponsive.

I restarted my pc and the strangest thing happened. Virtual Router booted as ConsoleNintendo3DS and straight away I received a pass.

I've left this going now but it is strange as the interval for passes seems random as hell. I'm currently timeing it.

Don't know how this happened but who cares..lol

Yeah, this is what happened to me on BASE256. It would work for no more than a few hours (with sporadic streetpasses), then my PC would become unresponsive along with no streetpasses. Ever since I switched to the BASE16 option, I haven't had this issue. You obviously get less frequent streetpasses (1 every 30 minutes) because there are fewer MAC addresses to cycle through.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I managed to get a cycle going on router, using a Cron Jobs with a randomized MAC Cycle. (And its working like a charm)!!!! Celebrations !!!! Ive never seen my Green Streetpass Light shine so much in my life.
Just a quick question about security.....

I put a MAC Filter on the DD-WRT Router with the mac addresses for my:

• Main Router
  • Wireless Adapter
  • LAN Adapter
  • 3DS
  • Wii U

Does this mean that only these mac addresses can connect to the DD-WRT Router?
(Block neighbors from getting free internet)

Which script do you use?

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Ergh! It keeps "playing up" badly for me.

I discarded virtual router as its not really needed. However even after 2 hours with BASE16 on in that space of time I received no passes at all.

The issues are because I cant set my 3DS with an ip Address anymore. Thats how I sorted the problem with limited connectivity.

If I check the status of the connection now over IPv4 it shows that there is no connection. Or if it does manage a connection you can see data packets being sent but none are being received. The connection is showing as shared from my main connection to my network.

To get round this you usually would have your 3DS connection configured with a static IP. Now that' thats not possible anymore, my 3ds will 9/10 not receieve a pass.

Any help here would be appreciated. Also I got quite alot of passes from Italy and Australia. Was wondering about getting this more diverse...lol

Or is there a way to create a hotspot point using a wireless repeater with the required SSID? (The one I have you can actually remove security of it.)

Any other ways to sort out homepass using Windows or a NON-Rooted Android phone would be helpful too..lol :)

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have tried to set up my n3ds jp for homepass which worked fine before 9.4 but now i cant get it to work please help and i had read the new update info but not my virtual network wont work please help me get it up and running again and i cant get the nzone.exe to work for me

update got my virtual wifi working now i just need help in getting homepass to work on my jpn n3ds please help me

update 2 i finally got it now it show up on my n3ds jp nz is flashing now im waiting for some homepasses
update 3 i guess it not working still the nz flashes but then it stopped as i went to make sure it was still flashing

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello can anyone help with this problem since virtual router seems to be acting up. I set up everything in the command prompt and when i go to start virtual router i keep getting a message everytime and it keeps switching to none with shared connection

fMIRjPO.png

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello can anyone help with this problem since virtual router seems to be acting up. I set up everything in the command prompt and when i go to start virtual router i keep getting a message everytime and it keeps switching to none with shared connection

View attachment 14521

Hi there. Since the update to 9.4 you can no longer use that method for getting Street Passes.

Go to the very first page or page 10 and look for nuke's app nzone.exe instead.

That error code is frustrating as anything to clear with Virtual Router as well. But if you use Nzone.exe you wont need Virtual Router.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have tried to set up my n3ds jp for homepass which worked fine before 9.4 but now i cant get it to work please help and i had read the new update info but not my virtual network wont work please help me get it up and running again and i cant get the nzone.exe to work for me

update got my virtual wifi working now i just need help in getting homepass to work on my jpn n3ds please help me

update 2 i finally got it now it show up on my n3ds jp nz is flashing now im waiting for some homepasses
update 3 i guess it not working still the nz flashes but then it stopped as i went to make sure it was still flashing

-----------------------

When you use the command promt to start nzone.exe. Replace Start with stop to terminate the application. Then type nzone.exe reload. Then start it again with BASE16

See if you have any luck with that.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Since the update to 9.4 you can no longer use that method for getting Street Passes.

That error code is frustrating as anything to clear with Virtual Router as well. But if you use Nzone.exe you wont need Virtual Router.
Hi do you think you could link me to it so i can download it i cant seem to find it :l

mwoody

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may not be a homepass issue, but just curious if others have seen the same problem: I can't get 10 visitors in Streetpass Plaza. The maximum seems to be 9, always, no matter how long I leave it. I can accept those entries and then immediately get 9 more, so it's not like I'm timed out on all available MACs.

Using SpillPass Pi, if it matters.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-----------------------

When you use the command promt to start nzone.exe. Replace Start with stop to terminate the application. Then type nzone.exe reload. Then start it again with BASE16

See if you have any luck with that.

it still wont and i try testing the connection on my n3ds and it wont connect to it anymore im getting annoyed at this

Refund

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
miiverse.nintendo.net
XP
Country
Which script do you use?
Koldur

FOR DD-WRT USERS

I made this Microsoft Office Excel sheet to create a script you can copy.
It has instructions inside the file.
I didn't want to copy paste my script because I want to avoid bumping into same people all the time.
For those who cant import Excel files, You can use Microsoft Excel Online for free.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=71470666511388983000

For list of MAC ADDRESSES PLEASE SEE PAGE 1
To randomize a Mac List you can randomize a pasting list into a random generator, One MAC per line.
https://www.random.org/lists/?mode=advanced

and on part 2) select 'As a bare-bones text document (type text/plain)'

This will randomize your list without a number in front of each line.
Just copy paste the list into the MAC Column on the Excel File.

I give everyone permission to use / share this method.
This method works personally for me, and I do not take any responsibility should this method damage your router.
Your streetpass light will blink every 6 minutes so much you will get sick of it :)

Also if someone can Virus check the Excel file and confirm that its safe for peoples piece of mind some and also some thanks if it works for you, that would be great.

Nintendo3dsDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is this the nuke's app nzone.exe on page 10? also before i download this does this work for ethernet connections because i only got a modem thats plugged in to my laptop only?

xhkpowe.png

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is this the nuke's app nzone.exe on page 10? also before i download this does this work for ethernet connections because i only got a modem thats plugged in to my laptop only?View attachment 14541
You need one wireless connection. If you have an ethernet connection for Internet, that is even better.

LD560, LiquidAngel, Nintendo3dsDude In short - just wait, if maccheck.cmd gave you not all zeroes in the first string, you will get homepasses more or less - it depends on the second string.
Long explanation: there are two possibilities of getting a homepass.
First, you have set exactly the same MAC and got streetpass data previously stored for that MAC from the other 3DS. The problem is that there are a number of different drivers which modifies MAC address in different ways, so in that case you only be able to get s streetpass from the same nzone.exe user with the same wireless driver as you and there is nothing can be done (well, actually there is the way and that is bacause I'm asking to send me a full maccheck.cmd output to gather statistics and someday switch all to the most common MAC list).
Second, Nintendo may relay streetpass data between MACs, in that case you will get streetpass data from the other people, even from the real Nintendo Zone. It is unknown when or how Nintendo servers doing such relaying.
So if you're on Windows, have a 3DS with fw 9.3+ and have passed maccheck.cmd - nzone.exe is your only option.

This may not be a homepass issue, but just curious if others have seen the same problem: I can't get 10 visitors in Streetpass Plaza. The maximum seems to be 9, always, no matter how long I leave it. I can accept those entries and then immediately get 9 more, so it's not like I'm timed out on all available MACs.
Using SpillPass Pi, if it matters.
It means that at least one dumb is spamming a MAC list with no delay, so you're getting his spotpass data twice and MiiPlazza won't show you twins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw