• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Looks like I can't get the VMWare to work again. It was working after a few tries at the beginning but now a few days later it doesn't work at all. Rebooted, ran as admin, switched usb ports. Homepass is not working anymore. >.<

I am wondering if it is my usb network adapter. What is everyone else using that works?

I have the same adapter. I am having trouble with it too.
How long did you wait? It is working not so stable as on a router even with my adapter, but generally rebooting the VM with connected adapter helps for some time if it ever worked with that adapter. Please post a screenshot with the log window asfer system is just rebooted

SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How long did you wait? It is working not so stable as on a router even with my adapter, but generally rebooting the VM with connected adapter helps for some time if it ever worked with that adapter. Please post a screenshot with the log window asfer system is just rebooted
After the first screen capture, I see a "FAILED" in red but it goes by so fast that I can't screen cap it.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Eva01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems like the native Windows method is not working anymore. It seems to all be working correctly, even have MACycle going on it. The 3DS units find and connect to the hotspot but no relays are coming through. It has been going for the last 8 hours or so. What should I try next? Is the VMPlayer the only way to do it now?

Eva01

BjørnVII

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey everyone, long lurker here.
Been trying to do this for some time now, in a way that I didn't need to change anything in my router(VMware, nzone.exe, etc.) with no success(due to the protected SSID & 9.4 3DS).

Anyway I gave that up and decided to try setting up my router(non DD-WRT) AND IT WORKED!! I got 6 streetpasses 20 seconds after I changed my router settings. Got for almost all games I had, except Pokemon ORAS, so I deactivated all other streetpasses as Reddit suggested and tried another MAC....no passes....I waited some minutes, changed to another MAC...still no passes...I thought I wasn't getting ORAS streetpasses but could get for another game, so I reactivated some of them, and still didn't got anything.

So I decided to wait 8 hours and see if I could get any on the first MAC, since it worked the first time. Aaaaand nope, still no streetpasses for any game in any MAC, even the first one.

So here we go, this is my setup:
Router: Netgear WGR614 v9(non DD-WRT)
SSID: NZ@McD1 - non-protected
3DS: 9.4
First MAC that worked: 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
Other MACs I tried: 4E:53:50:4F:4F:40
4E:53:50:4F:4F:41
4E:53:50:4F:4F:45
4E:53:50:4F:4F:47
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4C
4E:53:50:4F:4F:77

Waited around 5 to 10 minutes to change MACs, and around 3 to 15 minutes to see if any streetpasses would come.
I noticed that SOMETIMES, when I changed MAC, I had to powercycle both my router and my cable modem to get a connection, but I believe that this is isn't a problem since everything works fine after that.
Also, I can open the Nintendo Zone page, can connect to the internet through games, and IF I try and connect to the wifi, the test shows everything is normal(I didn't set the connection at first since it got it automatically)
However, when I try to access the browser or eShop it tell me that "this service is unavailable at my location"

Anyone got any clues on that?

SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The red Failed most probably the nzone starting, please login (ALT+F1 then root/notforall) and run
ifconfig
/usr/local/sbin/nzone restart

This is what I get:

Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes in this case second router must be connected by the wan port, otherwise it have no DNS serve configired which is needed for script to work.

This does not resolve the incorrect DNS server lookup for me.
Cron is enabled in Management. I go to Commands paste in this
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
And then it spits out
Code:
/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found

Any idea what I've done wrong?

I've got this router daisy chained up to another router if that makes any difference.

I had the same issue and managed to fix it by editing the /etc/resolv.conf file to have the IP address of my gateway router (the one connected to the modem.)
You have to know how to use vi to edit the file I believe.
You open the file in the vi editor by typing
Code:
vi /etc/resolv.conf
You change "nameserver <IP Address of secondary router>" into "nameserver <IP Address of primary router>"

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
BjørnVII Web Browser and eShop are not available with NZ@McD1 SSID.

SeZMehK then just disconnect the wireless adapter from the VM, reattach it in the USB port, connect it to the VM, wait for several seconds, then run ifconfig again.

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Duke I got some weird things when I made a GET request to get the mac list. I obtain some special characters, "fe6" at the beginning and "21a" somewhere. That's strange.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Duke I got some weird things when I made a GET request to get the mac list. I obtain some special characters, "fe6" at the beginning and "21a" somewhere. That's strange.

You didn't tell which language are you using yet. The issue is with the used methods for sure, server sends in plain text.
BTW can you check nzone-a.vbs with your Atheros card for BSOD?

TheCocoCici

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You didn't tell which language are you using yet. The issue is with the used methods for sure, server sends in plain text.
BTW can you check nzone-a.vbs with your Atheros card for BSOD?

Oh, I am using C++ for doing the program.
And for nzone-a.vbs, the last time I got a BSOD with the script, I had to fight against my network card's driver to make it work again :(.
What did you change ?

BjørnVII

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
duke_srg yup, I did that and still didn't got any passes.

I remember still having my adapter plugged in when I changed my router, but I don't see how it would've done anything since I didn't had any hotspots enabled since there isn't a way to host a network without protection on Win7

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duke or others players who managed to get it work with the Windows method : Which usb dongle do you use ?

Since that neither my zydas, no name and dlink work with vm linux and windows method (I'll investigate again later regarding the d-link + vm linux), I plan to buy 1 which is compatible.

I tried with my laptop with its internal wifi but since that's an Atheros like TheCocoCici, I get a BSOD like her (no matter which driver i use /cry)

Ketsueki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This does not resolve the incorrect DNS server lookup for me.

I had the same issue and managed to fix it by editing the /etc/resolv.conf file to have the IP address of my gateway router (the one connected to the modem.)
You have to know how to use vi to edit the file I believe.
You open the file in the vi editor by typing
Code:
vi /etc/resolv.conf
You change "nameserver <IP Address of secondary router>" into "nameserver <IP Address of primary router>"

Awesome, thank you very much for a solution. I'll try and figure out what most of what you said means (:P) and see how I go.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh, I am using C++ for doing the program.
And for nzone-a.vbs, the last time I got a BSOD with the script, I had to fight against my network card's driver to make it work again :(.
What did you change ?
I only inserted a delay between MAC change and hostednetwork start. Team Fail said he did nothing special for Atheros but have the delay before hostednetwork start. This is actually the only way we can try to workaround a driver behaviour regardless of the method used. You can try to increase the delay and/or add a delay just after interface restart. But the actual BSOD occurs on start hostednetwork with already restarted adapter with the new MAC.
If you're trying your program with my list, first just download all lists manually like http://nintendozone.no-ip.org?BASE256 and iterate through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1