Not open for further replies.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
duke_srg Ok se here's what just happened, after a reboot:

I started maccheck.cmd, here are the results (it's missing four 0 at the end, because it closes right after displaying them so I didn't have time to take a screenshot): http://i.imgur.com/q8hYDcX.png

Then I used the command "wmic nic get macaddress,name,pnpdeviceid", and here are the results: http://i.imgur.com/j04jLwD.png

Then I launched your script with this command: "nzone.vbs start BASE256", and run the wmic nic thingy again. I noticed a few MAC addresses actually changed: http://i.imgur.com/X0KGxHo.png

But then they never change again and I don't get any streepass.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocket0634 Please provide me with the output from maccheck.cmd and
schtasks /query /tn nzone /v /fo csv
You can check which MACs was already set in nzone.macs file, used MAC have "x" before it.

Ah, how do I check the nzone.macs file? When I attempted to open it in Notepad, the entire file was empty. I just assumed it was supposed to be empty, but it appears that may not be the case...

Output from schtasks /query /tn nzone /v /fo csv:
(Note: When it worked, I had the option set to BASE16,GBATEMP. When it stopped working, I noticed your original post was edited and it said BASE256, so I switched to that)
"HostName","TaskName","Next Run Time","Status","Logon Mode","Last Run Time","Last Result","Author","Task To Run","Start In","Comment","Scheduled Task State","Idle Time","Power Management","Run As User","Delete Task If Not Rescheduled","Stop Task If Runs X Hours and X Mins","Schedule","Schedule Type","Start Time","Start Date","End Date","Days","Months","Repeat: Every","Repeat: Until: Time","Repeat: Until: Duration","Repeat: Stop If Still Running"
"RIVER-PC","\nzone","12/3/2014 5:33:00 AM","Ready","Interactive/Background","12/3/2014 5:31:03 AM","0","River","cscript C:\Users\River\Downloads\nzone.vbs BASE256","N/A","N/A","Enabled","Disabled","Stop On Battery Mode, No Start On Batteries","SYSTEM","Disabled","72:00:00","Scheduling data is not available in this format.","One Time Only, Minute ","5:30:00 PM","12/2/2014","N/A","N/A","N/A","0 Hour(s), 1 Minute(s)","None","Disabled","Disabled"

Output from maccheck.cmd:
(I remember noticing the first time this ran that I had some weird "these are not numbers" errors, but I don't think that missing operand was there before... maybe I just missed it?)
Realtek Semiconductor Corp.,Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC,PCI
\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_818110EC&REV_01\4&74ED961&0&00
30,RTWlanE
Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
Missing operand.
FEMissing operand.
FE00000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
000000000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
000000000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).
000000000000000000000000Invalid number. Numeric constants are either decimal (17), hexadecimal (0x11), or octal (021).

Cloud557

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a new problem, but this one is actually a bit outta left field for me. I got the homepass working using the Windows Guide here and on another site (Kinda both of them telling me the same thing, just in different ways that for whatever reason, actually worked...), but now it's just stopped working.

I've set my hostednetwork up just fine, and it starts out working like normal, but the first time that I try to get a streetpass with it and the hostednetwork gets restarted, it just loses internet connection completely. I have to manually stop and start it again to have connection to the internet. This started today, and I don't know why because I haven't been doing anything different.

I've been using the MACycle program that is found here on the forums, and I just updated to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong?

I can't use the more recently discussed methods, because my router doesn't support them (I've checked when I was having issues getting the Homepass working to begin with), and I don't have enough money to get a new router that does I'm afraid.

ItsAllParticles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ItsAllParticles Try this:
ifconfig $(nvram get wl0_ifname)
wc -l /tmp/nzone.macs
grep ^x /tmp/nzone.macs | wc -l
This will show the actual MAC, number of MACs in list and number of MACs already set. MAC addres in WEB-GUI will not show any changes.

bahaha, bingo. it returns "0" so it has no macs to cycle.

-Pulled the start up script and ran the initial command again,

ran command and it returned 2, a few minutes later 6, i'm going to let it hang out for a bit and see if the number keeps climbing

sabata2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sabata2 said:
Okay. This is where I am messing up then because I *can* access my AP (atleast with the cronjob off) but I constantly get a Communication Error message when trying to reach the ORAS demo page.

Looking at the iptables I see this:
Code:
root@Aviarch:/usr/local/sbin# iptables -t nat --list
Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
target    prot opt source              destination     

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT)
MASQUERADE  all  --  anywhere            anywhere

This looks like (to my understanding) I'm not actually redirecting any traffic, nor am I forwarding to any set destination (based on the Source:Anywhere, Dest:Anywhere part)

I'm back.
I've re-quoted my post because it's been a number of days now.

sabata2 with changing the MAC list you also musr delete nzone.macs file or just run nzone reload (which is doing the same), otherwise the old mac list se will be used untill all macs is used, and only then script will download from the server the new lists. The NAT postrouting rule is not enough, also a forward chain rule must exist, check it with iptables -L -v -n, also ip forwarding must be enabled, I suppose it must be supported by the kernel

Code:
root@Aviarch:/usr/local/sbin# iptables -L -v -n
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 630 packets, 106K bytes)
pkts bytes target    prot opt in    out    source              destination       

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
    0    0 ACCEPT    all  --  wlan0  *      0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0         

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 1033 packets, 134K bytes)
Looks like the forwarding is there too...
I'm now at a new location (my actual home) and I haven't tried the script alone after deleting the nzone.macs file (which may have been the whole problem).
So the rule is in place, how can I check that ip forwarding is enabled?
This is my Work From Home laptop so I can't investigate much during the day (as the script cuts off my vpn connection), but I'll try more tonight.

I'll post an update on if it's working or not when I get around to it.

Also, someone else said it before, but really, thanks for all the help Duke.

(And I need to find my official Nintendo Wifi Dongle... I may be able to have two homepasses if I can set that up on my main computer.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Remiscan open task scheduler and check when nzone task was run last time, also check mark that allows to run job when the PC is running on batteries if you're using a notebook.

Rocket0634 did you run maccheck.cmd from the administrator command prompt? Please also run
wmic nic get macaddress,name,pnpdeviceid

Cloud557 There is a method for Windows just follow "Befory anyhting else" link in the first post. It is a bit easier and less CPU consuming than MacCycle.

ItsAllParticles The last one returns number of MACs already set, the second one returns total number of MACs.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
duke_srg According to the task scheduler, the nzone task correctly runs every minute. I'm on a laptop but it's not running on batteries (there's no battery in the laptop). I checked that option anyway, but the MAC is still not changing.

By the way, if I remember correctly there was a nzone.macs file in the nzone directory when I used an older version of the script. There's no such file now. Is it normal?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
duke_srg According to the task scheduler, the nzone task correctly runs every By the way, if I remember correctly there was a nzone.macs file in the nzone directory when I used an older version of the script. There's no such file now. Is it normal?

nzone.macs must exist, if not, just run nzone.vbs start BASE256 once again, it will recreate the task with the updated list parameter. If nzone.macs will not be crated automatically on the next run, just run nzone.vbs BASE256, it must download nzone.macs file or will give the error.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
nzone.macs must exist, if not, just run nzone.vbs start BASE256 once again, it will recreate the task with the updated list parameter. If nzone.macs will not be crated automatically on the next run, just run nzone.vbs BASE256, it must download nzone.macs file or will give the error.

The nzone.macs file wouldn't be created automatically, so I ran nzone.vbs BASE256 and it created the file. However, the script doesn't seem to change the MAC at all (it seems to have changed it once after rebooting, but the "new" MAC is completely different from any mac address from the nzone.macs file - and the "old" one was 02:00:00:00:00:00, which I find quite strange). Actually I'm pretty sure that "new" MAC address, which I thought had been changed by your script, is the actual MAC address of the Intel wi-fi card from before I even started using your script. It's as if rebooting gives it the "strange" mac with almost all 0, and your script changes the mac for the "correct" one, but doesn't work after that.

Well all that seems very strange to me. I think my laptop doesn't want me to use a homepass relay.

tm24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i got the homepass up on 8.1. The problem is that i cant seem to change the MAC address on my USB n150 Belkin adapter, so im stuck getting that MAC every 8 hours. What am i doing wrong that i cant change the mac?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The nzone.macs file wouldn't be created automatically, so I ran nzone.vbs BASE256 and it created the file. However, the script doesn't seem to change the MAC at all (it seems to have changed it once after rebooting, but the "new" MAC is completely different from any mac address from the nzone.macs file - and the "old" one was 02:00:00:00:00:00, which I find quite strange). Actually I'm pretty sure that "new" MAC address, which I thought had been changed by your script, is the actual MAC address of the Intel wi-fi card from before I even started using your script. It's as if rebooting gives it the "strange" mac with almost all 0, and your script changes the mac for the "correct" one, but doesn't work after that.

Well all that seems very strange to me. I think my laptop doesn't want me to use a homepass relay.

02:00... Is the custom mac that was last set by the maccheck.cmd. After runnung nzone.vbs BASE356 wait 2 minutes and run just nzone.vbs, it must change the address and modify nzone.macs file adding "x" in the beginning of the string with the changed MAC.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
02:00... Is the custom mac that was last set by the maccheck.cmd. After runnung nzone.vbs BASE356 wait 2 minutes and run just nzone.vbs, it must change the address and modify nzone.macs file adding "x" in the beginning of the string with the changed MAC.

When I manually run nzone.vbs, it changes the MAC address successfully, so yay! But when the scheduled task is running, it doesn't seem to work. But that's already great so thanks :D

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, I need some help, running os x over here, I'm in France with an american 3DS, I've set it to the main MAC, I see the nintendo zone, get the german error but not a single pass, I've been trying this for a couple of hours, I don't know what to do :( (I tried some macs from the list, double checked they were actually spoofing) not a single pass.

Thanks in advance!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When I manually run nzone.vbs, it changes the MAC address successfully, so yay! But when the scheduled task is running, it doesn't seem to work. But that's already great so thanks :D

Just keep scheduled task working for several hours and leave 3DS untouched. Then check how many streetpasse you've got :)

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rocket0634 did you run maccheck.cmd from the administrator command prompt? Please also run
wmic nic get macaddress,name,pnpdeviceid

I make sure to run all of my commands through the command prompt. If I don't, then it just says it can't find anything.

On my computer, I have Hamachi and Virtualbox installed.
Output from wmic nic get macaddress,name,pnpdeviceid (long):
(Note: I have no idea why there are two spoiler tags. only the second one has anything in it.)
MACAddress Name PNPDeviceID

1C:75:08:7D:C0:87 Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller PCI\VEN_10E
C&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FD301179&REV_05\4&10DFE15F&0&0038
Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter ROOT\KDNIC\
02:00:00:00:00:00 Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC PCI\VEN_10E
C&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_818110EC&REV_01\4&74ED961&0&0030
WAN Miniport (SSTP)

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 SWD\IP_TUNN
EL_VBUS\ISATAP_1
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3 SWD\IP_TUNN
EL_VBUS\ISATAP_2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter SWD\IP_TUNN
EL_VBUS\ISATAP_0
7A:79:19:93:96:AF LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter ROOT\NET\00
7A:79:19:93:96:AF VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB
OXNETFLTMP\0000
Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

02:00:00:00:00:00 Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter {5D624F94-8
850-40C3-A3FA-A4FD2080BAF3}\VWIFIMP_WFD\5&27469930&0&03
Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

WAN Miniport (L2TP)

02:00:00:00:00:00 VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB
OXNETFLTMP\0002
1C:75:08:7D:C0:87 VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB
OXNETFLTMP\0003
08:00:27:00:58:19 VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter ROOT\NET\00
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

Microsoft ISATAP Adapter

WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

WAN Miniport (PPPOE)

WAN Miniport (PPTP)

WAN Miniport (IP)

WAN Miniport (IPv6)

WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)

00:26:37:BD:39:42 PdaNet Broadband Adapter ROOT\PNETET
H\0000
00:26:37:BD:39:42 VirtualBox Bridged Networking Driver Miniport ROOT\SUN_VB

OXNETFLTMP\0001

Aeit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello to everyone.

I have a DD-WRT router and a European 3DS XL. Many months ago I did the router thing to fake a nintendo relay station.

More specifically, I renamed the SSID to "attwifi" and cloned the WLAN MAC address to the general one (4E:53:50:4F:4F:46). Also the connection is password protected (WPA2). I wasn't interested in cycling Mac addresses. Just a few streetpass hits every now and then.

Until the last system updates, the whole thing worked like a dream. But now, the 3DS doesn't recognize as a nintendo Zone the Wi-Fi connection and I don't have streetpass hits. It behaves just like a normal Wi-Fi connection.

UPDATE: From what I read here, I should rename the SSID to NZ@McD1. I'll try that as soon as I return home.

Got exactly the same problem ... now attwifi dosnt work with password protected.
But I always had 2 connections at home ... got 2 routers 1st one is DD-WRT Asus (AP) "attwifi" and second is bridged TP link with "_The Cloud" ssid which also dont work ... nintendo zone isnt glowing anymore. Thise 2 connections had WPA2/AES protection and were working perfectly but now I have to find a new way of 3ds connections.
Some one have any ideas? TPlink router could have NZ@McD1 but it dosnt have ddwrt soo ... no wirless MAC.
P.S I dont want to use mac filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong