• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Off: Nintendo is going to distribute special demo version of new Pokemon through hotspots. Can anyone get MAC/SSID info from any mcdonalds nintendo zone hotspot in Germany?

dewedi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hmm. I got my streetpass to work sometimes but now my 3ds won't connect to the internet. It has the green streetpass icon but I can't get any streetpasses because the internet connection isn't up :/

erksalce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a hand. I have set up homepass, with the linux script. I can connect but it will not let me online on my 3ds, am i supposed to set an IP or DNS on the 3DS or do i just leave them to automatic.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I need a hand. I have set up homepass, with the linux script. I can connect but it will not let me online on my 3ds, am i supposed to set an IP or DNS on the 3DS or do i just leave them to automatic.

Automatic should work, linux script takes care of it. However it was tested on Ubuntu 13 and may not work properly on another distrib.

erksalce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Automatic should work, linux script takes care of it. However it was tested on Ubuntu 13 and may not work properly on another distrib.

I am using lubuntu 13, I dohave openDNS running on the network at home, got it to work once on the windows machine, it connect to the AP but will not pass internet. any help would be great.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The script was designed to work on a bare Ubuntu, so if you have any conflicting services installed it may not work properly. I recently implemented a workaround for dnsmasq to start only in DHCP server mode if DNS port are busy, but have not tested it. I'm not familiar with OpenDNS.

erksalce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The script was designed to work on a bare Ubuntu, so if you have any conflicting services installed it may not work properly. I recently implemented a workaround for dnsmasq to start only in DHCP server mode if DNS port are busy, but have not tested it. I'm not familiar with OpenDNS.

I removed opendns, and installed ubuntu 13.10 on my little netbook, the script runs, I get a unable to set settings on kernal level (or something like that). If i change the IP to 192.168.23.111 and DNS to 192.168.23.1 (ip of the netbook) I can get to the internet, but I am not getting any spotpasses, if I leave them to automatic, the nintendo zone notice does does off, but I get no internet access, and no spot passes. any ideas would be great, let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks for the script, and all the work you put in to it.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I removed opendns, and installed ubuntu 13.10 on my little netbook, the script runs, I get a unable to set settings on kernal level (or something like that). If i change the IP to 192.168.23.111 and DNS to 192.168.23.1 (ip of the netbook) I can get to the internet, but I am not getting any spotpasses, if I leave them to automatic, the nintendo zone notice does does off, but I get no internet access, and no spot passes. any ideas would be great, let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks for the script, and all the work you put in to it.

The only way is to step-by-step run script commands to make sure which is not working for you. Assuming DHCP is not rugging begin with the dnsmasq check.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying the android wifi tether mode and having no errors on the log I can't connect to internet through the phone with the 3ds when I try to setup the connection.. my phone doesn't have mobile data right now but something is downloaded and uploaded according to the app... I also got the nintendo zone on my apps almost immediately.... do I need to fill my mobile data capacity to be able to use this?

dewedi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
This is a RaLink-based router and it is not capable of changing MAC on-the-fly.

Just open the first post and follow the link "Before trying anything else".

Looks like Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service is disable. Please run services.msc and check the state of the service, it must be started and automatic.

ICS is enabled and automatic. Still my 3DS can't connect most of the time to the internet. I still get the streetpass icon though.

shadyblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the steps on Windows 7/8 section. But this is turning me nuts. All I get is blue light, no green light(which is streetpass) when I put 3DS in sleep mode after a cycle of changing MAC address using MACpass 2.0 and Virtual Router manager. Nintendo Zone Icon is blinking whenever I'm in Home Menu. I'm playing Bravely default and my 3ds is on 4.5 FW currently using Gateway Omega 2.2

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I followed the steps on Windows 7/8 section. But this is turning me nuts. All I get is blue light, no green light(which is streetpass) when I put 3DS in sleep mode after a cycle of changing MAC address using MACpass 2.0 and Virtual Router manager. Nintendo Zone Icon is blinking whenever I'm in Home Menu. I'm playing Bravely default and my 3ds is on 4.5 FW currently using Gateway Omega 2.2

Follow "Before trying anything else" guide at the first page. No additional software or settings is needed, just bare Windows 7+ and installed script. For troubleshooting just PM me.

shadyblack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
<quote>Follow "Before trying anything else" guide at the first page. No additional software or settings is needed, just bare Windows 7+ and installed script. For troubleshooting just PM me.</quote>

I did "Before anything else section" but what I get is just a bunch spotpass for Mii Plaza. Any recommendations? I'm in 4.5 FW using Gateway 3DS. Or because Bravely default needs a higher FW which is 5.x or higher.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Uh... people, after the recent 3DS update to version 9.0.0.20 , anyone can use Homepass? I'm trying through my cellphone, that I use since the beginning, but without success...

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh... people, after the recent 3DS update to version 9.0.0.20 , anyone can use Homepass? I'm trying through my cellphone, that I use since the beginning, but without success...

Uh-oh.
I'm not getting any either...
uh-oh-baby-face.jpg

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Nothing here either.
Using raspi with my custom python script and a 2008 WifiMax dongle. Always been reliable.

It was fun guys. :'(

Edit: good news sorta, it still works on the older firmwares. I have another system on 8.1.
So if homepass is important to you, don't update.

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe a little hope?

I tried this MAC from the spreadsheet - the first one from the Nintendo World NYC, with the "attwifi" SSID. Got one hit in my first 3DS (from some girl called "Ismary"), then two hits in my 2DS a few seconds after (one from Ismary, and the other from my own 3DS).

Both my systems are updated for the 9.0.0.20 version.

00:25:9C:52:1C:6A - "NDS-Guest" AP @ Nintendo World NYC

Katarsys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Maybe a little hope?

I tried this MAC from the spreadsheet - the first one from the Nintendo World NYC, with the "attwifi" SSID. Got one hit in my first 3DS (from some girl called "Ismary"), then two hits in my 2DS a few seconds after (one from Ismary, and the other from my own 3DS).

Both my systems are updated for the 9.0.0.20 version.

00:25:9C:52:1C:6A - "NDS-Guest" AP @ Nintendo World NYC

That will be me. We should use that MAC address?

arbalest876

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
After update to 9.0.0.20,I can access the hotspot with "attwifi" SSID.
And I can login eshop and miiverse.
But I can't access Nintendo Zone,it means I can't use Homepass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh