OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey everyone!

Does anyone know if it's possible to add more MAC Addresses to somebunnys home_zone Script?
Can I just add some more spoofs?

2nd Question is, does the home_zone Script Support a Mac Cycle, or do I have to do this manually every time I streetpassed?

Yes, just edit the script and you'll easily understand how to change:)

Yes and no, theres a mac cycle by duke_srg that works with ubuntu and DD-Wrt. Its based on the somebunny's script with maccycle.
Here's a quick guide
You run the last command with BASE16 or GBATEMP or BASE256 depending on the nunmber of macs available it changes more frequently (more macs = faster mac switch) the base16 is about 30min between macs)
Code:
sudo wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh2
sudo chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh
/tmp/nzone.sh BASE256

To Stop the AP
Code:
sudo /usr/local/bin/nzone.ap stop
This runs automatically on start with you have the wlan card connected on boot.
Hope it helps

iGordon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes and no, theres a mac cycle by duke_srg that works with ubuntu and DD-Wrt. Its based on the somebunny's script with maccycle.

Always this DD-WRT. I don't want to buy a new Router just to make this possible. There should be a Script that ends and restarts the nintendozone.sh after a specific time.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Always this DD-WRT. I don't want to buy a new Router just to make this possible. There should be a Script that ends and restarts the nintendozone.sh after a specific time.
You didnt read correctly, The script is hybrid it means you can use it on DD-WRT and UBUNTU ;)

arcadesdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try by yourself and post the results. At least it have a wget precompiled in busybox, IMO it most probably would work.

I've tried various builds but I think my hardware is the limitation. When my router's mac changes it freezes the web interface and the wifi clients become stuck as 'connected' but do not actually connect to the router. Meanwhile, the wired internet still works just fine but without any way to get into the router's web gui again since it just says 'waiting for 192.168.1.1' whereas before it would have responded almost instantly. I've tried old builds and new builds and they all seem to have this issue. So that's why I asked if it would work on a micro-plus build...there was a user on Reddit who mentioned he had a script (didn't say which script or if it was your script that was working on a micro-plus build of DD-WRT)...so there might be hope but I think my router (wrt-54gv8.0) is the issue. I followed all the dd-wrt installation instructions and there were no upgrade issues with dd-wrt itself which leads me to believe it might just be my hardware (router itself)...so If you know of anyone that has this script working on a micro-plus build and which build number that might help me out...otherwise I guess I just have a not 100% compatible piece of hardware :(

To clarify: my router does successfully change the mac address of the wireless if I manually do it or if I run the script. With the script it only changes it once because wifi is not working until I power cycle (unplug/replug) the router. Maybe I'll try another router because auto cycling would be pretty awesome.

For the Linksys WRT54G V8.0 (after installing DD-WRT and then compressing the CFE to 128k required for micro-plus builds):
  • Best results (cycles one time then stops) DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/26/10) micro-plus-ssh - build 15508M NEWD Eko (dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin)
  • Script didn't run at all but router could change mac after power cycle, dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin
  • Firmware buggy, Did not work at all (latest) dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin

SouthernGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Router: Linksys WRT54GL v1.1
firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (std) 14929 (this is apparently the best version for my router, i guess. That site is a f*cking MESS!!!!!!! everyone says to do something different and NOT to trust the database since it is wrong. Jeez.)
OS: DualBoot Laptop with Win7 and WinXP (tried everything in both)

I tried pasting original line of: wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh2

and also the new goog.le address one. I tried posting one command per line then one at a time. It just sits there saying "Connecting to duke-srg.dyndns.org (213.141.148.11:80)" and does nothing else. I put the goog.le address directly into the browser and it instantly downloads the script to my PC so the internet connection is good. I've done the nslookup command from DD-WRT and it returned your ip successfully so DNS and gateway appear to be good.

I have tried every other script I've seen in this thread including all the variations of the cron-ONLY scripts. nothing has worked so far. I got the initial streetpass the first day I set up the attwifi SSID on the router and got a Gold-pants Mii from NintendoZone. I have changed the MAC manually in the clone WiFi section of DD-WRT and it changes the MAC successfully. But no Streetpasses since initial hit. I get updates from the video app all the time telling me about some new Zelda videos but nothing else. my wifi indicator is blue (Internet) and not Green like usual streetpass mode.

I used telnet to look at the router and there are no files or tmp folder where the prompt starts. (I'm not very good with telnet) so that is the only place I checked. I entered the wget command and then did an "ls" in the commands window and it shows nothing as well. Where is this nzone.sh file ACTUALLY being stored and why can't I just cp or mv the file directly onto the stupid router since I can download it easily with my browser. haha :D

I also have not updated this 3DS to the latest firmware. (no i can't update this particular unit for obvious reasons) I have another that is in repair and will update that one when I get it fixed. Is this the problem? The relay still basically acts like a regular streetpass right? That is all I can come up with at this point.

help.

KarasLegion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally got this working at home after a week or so using Win7 (I'm from Mexico)
And Learned 2 things I want to share with people having problems using the windows 7 method.

First make sure your wireless card driver is up to date. otherwise you could get the same error as me in which the MAC wasn't changed by macshift or Mac Cycle (so check that the MAC of the wireless adapter is changing by using ipconfig in the cmd , specially when you can connect trough the Virtual Access point to the internet in other PCs but you are still not getting streetpass tags in the 3Ds)

Second if you are getting the error "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation." after trying the command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" in the cmd. Try unistalling Zone Alarm (or your firewall software). That did the trick for me.
----------------------

I also have a question:
Can I get the special Mii distributions and the Mario 3ds mystery box with the SP home relay or do I need to use the Bestbuy ssid like I do to get the AC: New leaf DLC?
Cuz I get streetpass tags but havent yet received the special Koizumi Mii or the Mario land content.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi, this isn't a question just for this guy, but for anyone who can answer.

My Mac Address changes just fine. However, when trying to set up the virtual on my wired connection as directed, I do get the error as posted above; "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."

I'm using Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter n10117 v. 3000, as I just happen to have that lying around, I also have an older non-N adapter by Belkin, and the device I used for the old Pokemon GTS stuff, though I could never get that to work on, my now, only computer. Idk if this is the problem or not. I disabled the Firewall as suggested, and this did nothing. I have only Windows Firewall on this computer, and no anti-virus that could be getting in the way. I've read through most of the pages trying to find someone else with my problem, and most everyone with any issues seems to at least make it past this moment. Any help would be appreciated.

I usually make stops by Mcdonald's that are along the way to and from work, as I ride my bike. That's time consuming, and more often than not, it only works a few days in a row, and then I stop getting as many hits, or I get 0. I'd rather not take my 3DS to work, so I'm hoping I can get this to work, if it's the adapter that's the issue, I don't mind getting something new, I just want to make sure I get something that'll work right, but only after I know that what I'm using won't work.

Tortitamal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, this isn't a question just for this guy, but for anyone who can answer.

My Mac Address changes just fine. However, when trying to set up the virtual on my wired connection as directed, I do get the error as posted above; "The hosted network couldn't be started. The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."

I'm using Belkin N Wireless USB Adapter n10117 v. 3000, as I just happen to have that lying around, I also have an older non-N adapter by Belkin, and the device I used for the old Pokemon GTS stuff, though I could never get that to work on, my now, only computer. Idk if this is the problem or not. I disabled the Firewall as suggested, and this did nothing. I have only Windows Firewall on this computer, and no anti-virus that could be getting in the way. I've read through most of the pages trying to find someone else with my problem, and most everyone with any issues seems to at least make it past this moment. Any help would be appreciated.

I usually make stops by Mcdonald's that are along the way to and from work, as I ride my bike. That's time consuming, and more often than not, it only works a few days in a row, and then I stop getting as many hits, or I get 0. I'd rather not take my 3DS to work, so I'm hoping I can get this to work, if it's the adapter that's the issue, I don't mind getting something new, I just want to make sure I get something that'll work right, but only after I know that what I'm using won't work.

Did you used the command "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow" before the command "netsh wlan start hostednetwork"?

Are you using a wired adapter to connect to the internet and a wireless one to host the virtual network? you can host the network and connect to the internet with the same wireless adapter (As I'm doing) but you need to check that the adapter is compatible (Google how to check this as I don't remember how).

also it could be a driver problem try with a newer driver or uninstall the current one and let windows install the "default" one.

Sorry if I'm not much help.

zeehond1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the problem that I am able to connect to attwifi and the MAC address of my Wi-Fi also seems to change when I input the macshift command in the cmd. However when I connect with my 3DS, I only find Nintendo zones, which I can't even connect to if I open them. I don't find any streetpasses at all, does anyone know what causes this? I live in Europe btw if that has something to do with it.

Does anyone know the answer to my post?

Setsna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Copy&Paste my post from the Riilay Apk Thread, maybe it works for some people.

For Galaxy S2 Users as myself, maybe this works for you guys.
I tried Riilay with any possible setting (busybox settings too), but nothing worked, same was with Wifi Tether, I'm using Android 4.2.2 (Slim Bean Rom Official 8 with Dorimanx 9.43 Kernel).

But now I got atleast for Wifi Tether a working setup.

Download Wifi Tether for Root Users 3.4 Experimental from here ->https://code.google.com/p/android-w...etail?name=wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.apk and Busybox Installer from here (or directly from the Playstore)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=de

Then Install the latest Busybox version (1.21.1) and use this Settings for WiFi Tether:

Device Profil - Samsung Galaxy S2
Setup Methog - Auto
Send Netd Max Client Cmd - Checked!
Send No Tether-Interface Cmd - Checked!
Change SSID - attwifi
Change Channel - Channel 2 (Thats on of these channels that is "Empty" in my area, not for if this makes a difference)
Mac Address Spoof - Checked!
Change MAC - Use a MAC Address from here ->https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=0 (you can cycle thru them after receiving youre Streetpass)
WiFi Driver Reload - Checked!
WiFi Driver Reload 2 - Checked!
Enable Access Control - Checked!
Routing Fix - Checked!

I hope this helps some people here until Zurce gets Riilay working for any SGS2 Device with any Rom/Android Version.

legionoftheundecided

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been attempting to set up the relay point on my Ubuntu machine (v 12.10) using the script from the front page (thank you to those who wrote the scripts and figured this all out btw). Running the script makes a Nintendo Zone show up that I can connect to and view videos in, but I do not receive Streetpasses. Reading through the other posts, it appears that the issue stems from an inability to change the MAC address of my wifi card with the symptom being the error "SIOCSIFHWADDR: Invalid argument" displayed during the script startup. I have attempted with both a MediaLink MWN-USB150N as well as an ASUS USB-N53 and got the same error.

Now, knowing this, what usb wireless dongles do people recommend/know work for this?

arcadesdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried various builds but I think my hardware is the limitation. When my router's mac changes it freezes the web interface and the wifi clients become stuck as 'connected' but do not actually connect to the router. Meanwhile, the wired internet still works just fine but without any way to get into the router's web gui again since it just says 'waiting for 192.168.1.1' whereas before it would have responded almost instantly. I've tried old builds and new builds and they all seem to have this issue. So that's why I asked if it would work on a micro-plus build...there was a user on Reddit who mentioned he had a script (didn't say which script or if it was your script that was working on a micro-plus build of DD-WRT)...so there might be hope but I think my router (wrt-54gv8.0) is the issue. I followed all the dd-wrt installation instructions and there were no upgrade issues with dd-wrt itself which leads me to believe it might just be my hardware (router itself)...so If you know of anyone that has this script working on a micro-plus build and which build number that might help me out...otherwise I guess I just have a not 100% compatible piece of hardware :(

To clarify: my router does successfully change the mac address of the wireless if I manually do it or if I run the script. With the script it only changes it once because wifi is not working until I power cycle (unplug/replug) the router. Maybe I'll try another router because auto cycling would be pretty awesome.

For the Linksys WRT54G V8.0 (after installing DD-WRT and then compressing the CFE to 128k required for micro-plus builds):
  • Best results (cycles one time then stops) DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/26/10) micro-plus-ssh - build 15508M NEWD Eko (dd-wrt.v24-15508_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin)
  • Script didn't run at all but router could change mac after power cycle, dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin
  • Firmware buggy, Did not work at all (latest) dd-wrt.v24-18946_NEWD_micro-plus_ssh.bin

Final results: I got a WRT54GL V1.1 router with dd-wrt.v24_std_generic_14929.bin working properly with auto cycle and this script now. Works great on the WRT54GL! (My non 'L' v8.0 router was pretty limited hardware wise so I couldn't get it to work very well changing macs).

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
in my situation
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118
IF I use duke_srg script
wireless cnannel width must be full 20MHZ
if i change it to DYNAMIC
after mac changed the radio is off never on

timey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone here been able to successfully relay using mac osx? I am running mountain lion and when I follow the instructions, it seems like the MAC is spoofing, when I verify in terminal it always shows up the MAC I changed it to, but in the network preferences it still shows my original one. Even so, when I do it my 3ds shows that I am in a nintendo zone, and I am able to connect to it, but still no streetpasses :/ I have a windows partition and tried it on that as well, everything seems fine, but when I close my 3ds it disconnects from the virtual router. I feel like im missing something but don't know what.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works great. Using my router that's got DD-WRT, and now have my ssid as attwifi. Every 8 hours I just disable wireless security when I want streetpass and re-enable it when I get the wonderful green glow.

I've tried the MAC address intended for zelda folks, but haven't gotten any dark links yet. It's all set up fine on my end, gotten a few dark links from around my town, but none using this spoofing. Just bum luck I'm guessing, since there aren't any special settings or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn