Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks.

I've tried your v2 script and it doesn't work (not recycling any MAC, and router is not restarting - I notice if I manually change MAC, the rooter is restarting).
This is the cron code:

Code:
  */5 * * * * root /tmp/nzone BASE256,ABR,AMK,JD2,EGD

I also have changed it back to v1 script, copy paste from your post, which now, written in various lines, instead of just one line. This is how it looks:
My script is for changeing MAC on the fly, without the whole router restart!
It is possible that cron just stops working. Just install v2 script and run /tmp/nzone 49,BASE16 manually and see whether MAC is changed. If so, just restar cron stopservice cron; startservice cron

seinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
My script is for changeing MAC on the fly, without the whole router restart!
It is possible that cron just stops working. Just install v2 script and run /tmp/nzone 49,BASE16 manually and see whether MAC is changed. If so, just restar cron stopservice cron; startservice cron

So, if I manually change the MAC (via MAC Clone), the wifi will disconnected and connected again. So, this is not happening with your script (as in, on the fly), MAC just will changed?

I'm running your v2 again. However, i'm not sure what/where/how to run the cron manually (i'm only copy/paste your code, more than that, I need more wisdom from you :-) ) Is it correct if I run it manually in Administration--> Command (Command Shell)? I run that, and it give me this:

Code:
 /tmp/nzone: line 7: arithmetic syntax error

The second time, it give me this:

Code:
 nvram lock, waiting...

Anyway, this is DD-WRT Build 22118.

D

Deleted User

Is there any way to make the OS X script work on a jailbroken iPhone? Maybe with an app?

firelink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I'm using the following as cron jobs for DD-WRT (2 options):
Code:
#Type 1 : 32 MACS
0-59/6 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 40:53:50:4F:4F:4`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up
3-59/6 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:4`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up

#Type 2 : 512 MACS

0-59/6 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 40:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up
3-59/6 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up

This cycles every three minutes. Choose only one type!
Type 1 cycles 32 different MACS, from @SPOO* and NSPOO*
Type 2 cycles 512 MACS, from @SPO** and NSPO**

I am now using type 2, so we can expect a hit every three minutes once all MACS are seeded . This way, in half an hour I should have ten Mii Plaza hits. Type 1 should be completely seeded by now, or in a couple of hours, when people changes from @SPOOF to NSPOOF .
Using attwifi as SSID.

I know some people on here and other sites have been having issues with this cron task not working, and I think I may have found a solution.

I was using a Linksys WRT54Gv8 router to try it, and it kept failing. I realized the issue was with the DD-WRT v24 micro version. However, not all is lost - if you are like me and use the same router, you might be able to flash a special version called micro-plus. Do some research on it and see if your router supports it. I upgraded from micro to micro-plus, and now this works flawlessly.

Reactions: dapaua

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It should work on 21061 build for most of the Broadcom and Atheros routers.

I have had problems with the 21061 and other more recent versions of DD-WRT with Linksys E1000 V2.1, WRT54G V5.1 and 160N V3 routers and had to revert to older versions to get the MAC spoofing working. It has nothing to do with the scripts, as even manual changing the MAC address does not work on those routers with the latest versions. I did the 30/30/30 reset, so that cannot be it either.

I just wanted to let you know that it worked! DD-WRT installed without a hitch and it was mostly just as easy to configure it as the stock FW. I've received a StreetPass from someone in California now, so it works! Thanks a lot for helping me find the right binary image to use.

And a huge thanks to the hackers who poked and prodded for a solution! This is awesome!

Nice to hear! I probably already have streetpassed you! Welcome to the club ;)

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I finally made it thanks to DD WRT. I didn't want to use it but I decided to do it thanks to the failures using Android, Windows and Ubuntu. Also, I didn't know that with DD WRT I can use two SSID: One for the 3DS and one for the house. If you see someone from Colombia, with Captain Falcon hat. Is me! :)

I got Ivy from USA. :)
Congratulations, well if you can't make it work it's one of two things, or you have done some mistake (which I doubt) or your wifi card isn't compatible with this.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Version 3 unified script beta for DD-WRT and WL500G Custom aka "Oleg" firmware
The same as v2 just with hourly list autoupdate and easy installatin, just run in Telnet/SSH (NOT command window):
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh
Reboot will be commitet after installation is done. Installs itself for cron to run every minute, the MAC change period controlled inside the script to match 8 hours interval depending on the number of MACs used.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong... my Wifi adapter is definitely SoftAP compatible, and to boot, one of my friends got his same exact adapter to work pretty much flawlessly.

I'm on Win8 x64. I've got my ssid set up as attwifi, and I'm using Chaldron's MAC cycler. I have my password set in virtual router. My DS shows up in my "peers connected" (sometimes) on virtual router. It picks it up as an NZone, but it can't connect to the internet, period. ONCE out of probably 20 MACs did I get a streetpass, though I still couldn't connect, oddly.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I use v2 script works well
my friend use the same router as me the same DD-WRT ver.
b
The same as v2 just with hourly list autoupdate and easy installatin, just run in Telnet/SSH (NOT command window):
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh
Reboot will be commitet after installation is done. Installs itself for cron to run every minute, the MAC change period controlled inside the script to match 8 hours interval depending on the number of MACs used.
so now do not use */10 in cron now?

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I tried the v2 script but is not working. Do I need to have active the Mac clone option? My english is bad, maybe I misunderstood the steps.

Congratulations, well if you can't make it work it's one of two things, or you have done some mistake (which I doubt) or your wifi card isn't compatible with this.

Yeah, the USB dongle and my laptop have Realtek chips. Maybe that's the issue.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Code:

Tried it on my WRT54G v8, the return was "-sh: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found"
duke_srg now I've seen that micro builds aren't supported by now, well, just reporting that I couldn't get the v3 to work :-(
firelink : I have exactly the same router (WRT54G V8), but I don't know exactly what micro-plus version to download at http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/down.php?path=downloads/others/eko/V24_TNG/ could you help me with it? And with it the v2 script does work, is it? Or are you talking about the custom cron jobs?

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To do it all at once you use linebreaks: |
ie:
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh|chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh|/tmp/nzone.sh

Andrefpvs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
I posted this on another thread before I realised this one existed:

I'm using the Windows 8 method (using netsh and macshift), and when I change my adapter's MAC to 4E53504F4F46, I notice my Virtual adapter's MAC becomes 6E53504F4F46.

I've noticed that using GBAtemp's MAC addresses the first number always becomes 6. After experimenting with changing the first number from 0-F, I notice the MAC only ever becomes 5E53504F4F46 or 6E53504F4F46 (using the first MAC as an example)... which means I can't connect to GBAtemp's official addresses since it starts with a 4. Is there anything I can do to connect to the right MACs?

I am getting a few StreetPasses from 6E53504F4F46, 6E53504F4F40, etc. from what I assume are other people with the same problem (I was finding it odd that I kept StreetPassing the same 3/4 people even after a few days) but I'd like to connect to everyone else.

If someone can help :)

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this on another thread before I realised this one existed:

I'm using the Windows 8 method (using netsh and macshift), and when I change my adapter's MAC to 4E53504F4F46, I notice my Virtual adapter's MAC becomes 6E53504F4F46.

I've noticed that using GBAtemp's MAC addresses the first number always becomes 6. After experimenting with changing the first number from 0-F, I notice the MAC only ever becomes 5E53504F4F46 or 6E53504F4F46 (using the first MAC as an example)... which means I can't connect to GBAtemp's official addresses since it starts with a 4. Is there anything I can do to connect to the right MACs?

I am getting a few StreetPasses from 6E53504F4F46, 6E53504F4F40, etc. from what I assume are other people with the same problem (I was finding it odd that I kept StreetPassing the same 3/4 people even after a few days) but I'd like to connect to everyone else.

If someone can help :)

Certain wireless cards do weird things like that. Not sure if there is a solution besides getting a different one.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work on 21061 build for most of the Broadcom and Atheros routers.

21061 has a bug in it which will not allow sshd to work. So.. if one wants to ssh to their router at all, that's a bad build.
If I change my firmware again it'll probably be to 21286, since the only issues I can find about that is VPN possibly not working.
Still having problems with my router vegetating if I change my MAC, so I think I'm gonna call it quits with the router method unless I can find a stable version that doesn't have a fit every time I change my MAC.
(ED: I should note that changing my MAC through my nvram settings DOES work, but I don't want to wear out the number of writes it can handle, and rebooting everytime is somewhat of a pain)

For now, I'm waiting for one of these since they all run the RTL8192CU chipset and I'll be able to set up the specially-compiled hostapd with it. Hopefully mac changing works too, since its from the same family as my RTL8188SU.. I'll report if it works, since this is a pretty cheap method, provided you have hardware to run it on. If it does work, it should on both ARM and x86 linux boxes, since you have to compile hostapd yourself. Meaning both RaspPis/BeagleBones/etc. and your laptop/desktop.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend coming for a few days who owns a 3DS and always wants more street passes. He asked if it was possible to fake street passes a few months ago and he doesn't know this exists yet. He'll learn soon enough when he starts finding random street passes at my house...

Using a WRT54G v2.2 dd-wrt, with the main mac and ssid. Didn't bother with a changing script since I plan to do a few other things with this unit as well. I think I did it right but I have a DS Lite, so I can't test.

Also, does anyone know if iptables can be used with this, and if so, what IPs I need to allow for nzone app and the relay? I want to leave it unsecured so 3DS's will detect and use the nzone and relay automatically, but I don't want non-DS devices using it as free wifi.

Reactions: Sunderlol11100

retrogradesnowcone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can manually change my mac via my dd-wrt router and get streetpasses fine however the run seems not to run. the firmware is

firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std

is this the "micro" one? if that's not the issue, what could be causing it?

also, you may want to upgrade the guide to suggest disabling DHCP on the dd-wrt router.. it saves a lot of problems if behind another router or router/modem combo box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: