?
  1. OMFG! A 2-Year Old can understand it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yeah! this guide is great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Its good a few things confuse me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It's bad needs more things added.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. It SUCKS badley!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 0 voter(s)
  1. kimikal27

kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

i think this TUT is good to use before Sciifii

2. chinmi

chinmi Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    yay, another guide, the more the merrier... i'm gonna make one someday too ([​IMG])

3. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Here are the notes I made for this guide:

Under things you need to know
    cIOSCORP = DARKCORP now
    MIOS = with capital, it doesn't run automatically (it's launched by boot2)
    WAD settings> Channels> SD Card[/quote] has to be SD card menu for 4.2, The data management thing for all the rest

- You don't mention it can freeze here and what to do then...

Under step 2
    - Install the HBC, OK
    - Install DVDX

4. kimikal27

kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

u have a good eye tj, i didn't noticed those details

5. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

that way I understood that is if you use wanin's updater(like the 4.0 one for example),it won't brick or remove your hacks

6. TRushInfo

TRushInfo Banned
    Banned

United States
    those two statements have nothing to do with eachother

7. Drag0nflamez

Drag0nflamez GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Don't downgrade on Wii's that have never seen 3.2 before (LU64+/LEH250+ Wiis) - it will brick them and we all know it's not funny.
    Instead keep SM4.2
    System Menu 4.2 rocks - it runs everything we need - new HBC, New DVDx, New cIOS, DarkCORP, NeoGamma, Cfgloader, USB Loader GX.
    and we can use SDHC - very very very important.

Also, good work at making your guide better. Nice glossary - but DVDx still isn't DARKCORP/cIOSCORP. doesnt have ANYTHING to do with backup loaders.
    and we still aren't able to play a backup of even Wii Sports.

8. nabster92

nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    OK yea, your step four needs to be trashed ASAP. Don't tell noobs to downgrade their Wii. It WILL brick them. downgrading system menus now is absolutely unnecessary now and will just brick any Wii that's not over like 2 years old now.

If you want to write a guide you should make sure you at least have a good understanding of how the system works yourself.

You might want to finish reading through my guide and make sure you understand everything in there before you continue any further. Just remove step four for now until you do.

9. EseHomes

EseHomes Banned
    Banned

United States
    Yeah, try using spell check. Putting "Suggustions" in bold large text is not a great way to show that you are capable of recommending the info that you are recommending.

Either way, The very very VERY next thing that should be recommended AFTER installing HBC and Bootmii is making a nand backup. That is the VERY next step. Especially since having a working nand backup is the only way to fix a full software brick. Omitting that info is just stupid.

I got to say that this is a complete fail. If everyone in the community has to tell you how to make a tutorial and fix ALL of your mistakes, then you should not be making a tutorial at all. I can't believe that you ever told people to downgrade to 3.2. Are you just following another tutorial and mix and matching it to your own words. I honestly believe that for lack of proper info, the fact that there are already better guides with better info, and that the OP just does not know what he is doing AT ALL, this thread should be closed and deleted so no one ends up with bricks and blames it on GBAtemp for allowing this.

Use xflaks NUSAD if you want to hack your wii. It's a lot safer and created by someone who obviously knows what he is doing.

10. EseHomes

EseHomes Banned
    Banned

United States
    @TJ,
    Well if you were going to edit my post, you could have at least kept all the things that I had added into the quote to point out other things that were wrong with this guide. I didn't quote the whole first post for no reason. There was a lot of other things that I had pointed out besides what I types that was out of the quote. But either way, this guide should still be closed or put a HUGE warning on it so everyone knows not to follow it.

11. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Really, damn sorry
    Haven't seen that -_-'

12. terminal_illness

terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - tutorial,