Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

DeAlchemyst

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried on numerous occaisions to load Cios_fix using both custom WM and WM 1.3. I have used both WMs and Cios_fix from different sources, and in desperation I even downloaded your installer on another PC. Also reloaded IOS16-64-v257, just in case that was wrong for some reason.

I have just repeated the install of Cios_fix 5 times in succession using both Custom WM and WM 1.3...same result. It's very puzzling.

nikochanr3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question time. The end of starfall wad manager thing with the gamecube controller, should that be done NOW or is that the recovery process if something goes wrong? I know, stupid.

BTW, if you have trouble with the copies, reload that program using NET. I didnt switch from download from wad manager to net, so nothing happened. Once i did that it was fine.

Moe, this whole thing is 10 degrees of awesome, thanks.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikochanr3 said:
Stupid question time. The end of starfall wad manager thing with the gamecube controller, should that be done NOW or is that the recovery process if something goes wrong? I know, stupid.

BTW, if you have trouble with the copies, reload that program using NET. I didnt switch from download from wad manager to net, so nothing happened. Once i did that it was fine.

Not a stupid question.... well I hope not anyway because I asked the same one! lol
You only need the gc contoller for recovery
smile.gif

djkassen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
"- Go to HBC and run (4-Cios Downgrader 1.2) and you can choose the version you want to
downgrade/upgrade to , the best choice is 3.2 and be sure it matches your region"

I cant load this one, with a 3,1 or lower. The Wii just rebooting

dmf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run the twilight princess hack the first time, the crash takes me to WAD manager v1.3, with 6 .wad files available. (instead of automatically installing TPH on the first try and Homebrew channel on the 2nd try).

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

First of all, how do I find out which version of the wii system software my wii currently has?

When I tried the 3.4 version of the TP hack data file, when I went to copy it to my wii, it said "Data not copied".
When I use the other version of the TP hack file, I'm able to copy the file, and when I run TP, there are two saved games to load from. I tried loading the second saved game file, and when talking to the man on that one, the crash just froze the picture right there, never loaded into any other screens or programs.

The only success I've had is using the first save game file, and that one just takes me into WAD manager 1.3. When I reboot I don't have any homebrew channel or TP Hack channels installed.

Any clues?

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmf said:
When I run the twilight princess hack the first time, the crash takes me to WAD manager v1.3, with 6 .wad files available. (instead of automatically installing TPH on the first try and Homebrew channel on the 2nd try).

First of all, how do I find out which version of the wii system software my wii currently has?

When I tried the 3.4 version of the TP hack data file, when I went to copy it to my wii, it said "Data not copied".
When I use the other version of the TP hack file, I'm able to copy the file, and when I run TP, there are two saved games to load from. I tried loading the second saved game file, and when talking to the man on that one, the crash just froze the picture right there, never loaded into any other screens or programs.

The only success I've had is using the first save game file, and that one just takes me into WAD manager 1.3. When I reboot I don't have any homebrew channel or TP Hack channels installed.

Any clues?

I think Big Moe has been really busy lately but I can try and help with a couple things that may help untill he gets time for the "expert" answer.
To find out what version your Wii is you go in to the options. (The "Wii" symbol, lower left corner of your main screen)
When I did mine I got the "Data not copied" and it was because there was already a saved file (On the Wii tab, not the SD tab). You have to delete that saved file on the Wii NOT the SD card, then it should copy. When you start the game don't run the 2nd saved file, that's the file for the other dvd code. Hopefully this will help you out enough to sort a few things out untill Big Moe can respond. Just follow his guide step by step!
smile.gif

wanders

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh, it sounds like the boot.dol you put in the root directory of your SD card is for WAD Manager. Replace it with the boot.dol for the Homebrew Channel and the installer should come up this time. There is no 'TP Hack channel,' the hack just runs whatever boot.dol file is in your SD card's root.

You have, by process of elimination, already found the save file that works for you. If you were on 3.4 (and only 3.4), the 3.4 version would've worked. And the two different save files for pre-3.4 are for the two different disc serials of Twilight Princess that have been produced in the United States. The one that didn't work is thus for the version of TP you don't have.

All of this is explained fairly well in the readmes... *shrug* .

losar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone
I ran into another problem. After I got my firmware to 3.2u. I was planning to do starfall. When I tried to install it screens come up for the install ask to press B+1 to begin. I cannot get pass this point it seem as soon as install screen comes up it freezes does not respond to anything other than power off. Any I ideas???

Thanks

nikochanr3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MamaTJ said:
nikochanr3 said:

Not a stupid question.... well I hope not anyway because I asked the same one! lol
smile.gif
sigh, im still lost. Should i do the process NOW or jsut remember the process in case i brick?

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
nikochanr3 said:
sigh, im still lost. Should i do the process NOW or jsut remember the process in case i brick?

No need to do it now. Only use it when you brick your wii with a bad WAD installation.

Use this recovery to load WAD Manager to uninstall the WAD.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
losar said:
Hi Everyone
I ran into another problem. After I got my firmware to 3.2u. I was planning to do starfall. When I tried to install it screens come up for the install ask to press B+1 to begin. I cannot get pass this point it seem as soon as install screen comes up it freezes does not respond to anything other than power off. Any I ideas???

Thanks

I think Big Moe said to press B+2 first then B+1 and it should work. I had trouble there too, I pressed every combination untill it finally went!
Just be persistant with it.
Good Luck

s1ade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide, having a bit of trouble...seems a little different than what others are saying.

When I run the last stop cIOS Installer, it says Bad Hash Check when it's at part 7/15.

I tried manually installing the "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" by putting it in the WADS folder (probably a bad idea). It didn't help anything work and now when I uninstall "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" the HBC doesn't load anymore. So I have to have "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" installed or HBC doesn't run.

Now when I run the cIOS installer, I just a black screen and I have to do a hard reset.

My system was at 3.4 and it downgraded it following your instructions to 3.2U (My Wii's USA).

Any thoughts to get me back on track? I tried rerunning the IOS Downgraders and cIOS Downgrader and going through all the steps again, but no luck...
wacko.gif

nikochanr3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ashesburn said:
nikochanr3 said:

No need to do it now. Only use it when you brick your wii with a bad WAD installation.

Use this recovery to load WAD Manager to uninstall the WAD.

sweet, thanks.
yaypsp.gif
Now who's going to make the step by step guide to get that bleach versus crusade up and working. JK!!!

Thanks much for all your help.

dmf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MamaTJ said:
I think Big Moe has been really busy lately but I can try and help with a couple things that may help untill he gets time for the "expert" answer.
To find out what version your Wii is you go in to the options. (The "Wii" symbol, lower left corner of your main screen)
When I did mine I got the "Data not copied" and it was because there was already a saved file (On the Wii tab, not the SD tab). You have to delete that saved file on the Wii NOT the SD card, then it should copy. When you start the game don't run the 2nd saved file, that's the file for the other dvd code. Hopefully this will help you out enough to sort a few things out untill Big Moe can respond. Just follow his guide step by step!
smile.gif

Thanks. I did realize that I had to remove my previous save file for twilight princess. Even with no save file on the wii tab, when i tried to copy the 3.4 version it went through like it was copying, but just said "Data not copied". In the end I guess I must not have needed the 3.4 version, since the other one copied and successfully crashed twilight princess for me.

QUOTE(wanders @ Dec 20 2008, 02:04 PM) Uhhh, it sounds like the boot.dol you put in the root directory of your SD card is for WAD Manager. Replace it with the boot.dol for the Homebrew Channel and the installer should come up this time. There is no 'TP Hack channel,' the hack just runs whatever boot.dol file is in your SD card's root.

You have, by process of elimination, already found the save file that works for you. If you were on 3.4 (and only 3.4), the 3.4 version would've worked. And the two different save files for pre-3.4 are for the two different disc serials of Twilight Princess that have been produced in the United States. The one that didn't work is thus for the version of TP you don't have.

All of this is explained fairly well in the readmes... *shrug* .

I eventually figured out that I needed to run the TP hack crash with a different boot.dol file in the root of my SD card. However, the boot.dol that was there before my last post, was the one that was put there by big moe's installer self extracting exe. So I was just confused as to why it wasn't working as his instructions described. I'm new to this and had 0 experience with any of this as of this morning. I did eventually go download a boot.dol file from the homebrew channel website and got that installed by putting that boot.dol on my sd card root and crashing TP.

I was then able to get through most of the other steps in big moe's instructions, but still haven't been successful booting 2 diff games that I've tried.

Coincidentally, I also had a problem when doing the starfall step. Neither B+1 or B+2 were working to move the process past the disclaimer screen. I was trying both over and over and then suddenly it moved past the disclaimer screen and I was able to complete the other steps. Very wierd.

Anyway, as of now I've installed all the programs in big moe's package, and before starting to write this post both of the games I had tried gave me a disc read error. But I tried again as I'm writing this and got both to work! Strange!

I just had to use the "Force NTSC" setting when booting one of the games which is a PAL version.

DeAlchemyst

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

I fixed my cios_fix.wad problem in an unorthodox way; but it worked...I sold the Wii to a friend who doesn't want/need the Homebrew Channel.
I've ordered another D2Pro and will whack it into another console (3.1e) and start afresh. Now where did I put my Config. discs???
dry.gif

ares2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, im trying to play TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM, and tried two programs the the backuplauncher and the softchip mod, bothcome up with an error, error 324, can alyone help me? i tried running an original game with teh program and it worked, smash bros brawl, does this mean my copy of tatsunoko vs capcom isnt good, or its just the copyright part?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
nikochanr3 said:
I am trying on am american machine at 3.4u. I take the twilight 3.4 bin, rename it to data.bin, and move only that file to the proper folder in rzde

Then, i copy the file over, load the game, load the save. The problem is there is too saves, a Twilight 3.4 bin save and a twilight 3.4 bin v3 save.

The first save runs something, then gives me the option to install a whole bunch of things. It doesn't restart the machine.

The second save crashes my Wii and never goes anywhere.

Any idea what i did wrong?

first of all to everyone . I'm sorry for the lack of replies for the past couple of days and that's dew to lots of work and the holidays season so please forgive me
shy.gif

now for this hack if you look in the inner circle of the game disc on USA region some of it will have (2) and some will not , so if you have 2 click on the second save slot when loading the game from the list top to bottom , and if you don't have the 2 click on the first save slot at the top
wink.gif

DeAlchemyst said:
I have tried on numerous occaisions to load Cios_fix using both custom WM and WM 1.3. I have used both WMs and Cios_fix from different sources, and in desperation I even downloaded your installer on another PC. Also reloaded IOS16-64-v257, just in case that was wrong for some reason.

I have just repeated the install of Cios_fix 5 times in succession using both Custom WM and WM 1.3...same result. It's very puzzling.

try to change the install option in Wad Manager to Internet install and this should work for sure
wink.gif

MamaTJ said:
nikochanr3 said:

smile.gif

I do agree here , there is never a stupid question , the stupid part is if you have a question and don't ask it
wink.gif
cause knowledge is priceless , and for MamaTJ you are correct and always a great smile inspiration
wink.gif
the GC controller use is only to trigger the recovery menu in case of a brick but you can try it now if you like , it will not harm the setup
wink.gif

QUOTE(dmf @ Dec 20 2008, 08:56 PM)

Any clues?

ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery
wink.gif
and be sure to use the save that took you to the Wad Manager cause that's the one compatible with your Wii
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
losar said:
Hi Everyone

Thanks

for some reason sometimes it glitch and Works with pressing B+2 first then B+1 second
wink.gif
try it and post back please
smile.gif
MamaJT you better be smiling cause you are correct again
wink.gif
, so sile please
wink.gif

QUOTE(s1ade @ Dec 21 2008, 01:46 AM) Thanks for the guide, having a bit of trouble...seems a little different than what others are saying.

When I run the last stop cIOS Installer, it says Bad Hash Check when it's at part 7/15.

I tried manually installing the "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" by putting it in the WADS folder (probably a bad idea). It didn't help anything work and now when I uninstall "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" the HBC doesn't load anymore. So I have to have "IOS36-64-v1042.wad" installed or HBC doesn't run.

Now when I run the cIOS installer, I just a black screen and I have to do a hard reset.

My system was at 3.4 and it downgraded it following your instructions to 3.2U (My Wii's USA).

Any thoughts to get me back on track? I tried rerunning the IOS Downgraders and cIOS Downgrader and going through all the steps again, but no luck...
wacko.gif

install Cios36 rev7 from waninkoko and that should work for the gamma loader
wink.gif
if HBC still not loading just reinstall it again and you should be up and running
wink.gif
post back the results of success please
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0