Hacking How to get Samurai Warriors 3 Working on a NTSC console.

PrinceNOOB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay first you need a component cable and a HDTV. The settings to use are Force pal 50 and vid patch on. If you have any upscalers dont use it just use the component alone that's what caused it not to work for me.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the vid patch is really required that might be news, but if not, what's the news?

And what's vid patch? I know vidtv patch and video mode patching, and i doubt one of them is required.

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
George Dawes said:
This game does NOT work on NTSC TVs. None of them. Not a one, and anyone who claims otherwise better get their sorry asses to the good 'ol us of a and see for themselves¡
The game works on my NTSC television, doing exactly what is in the first post. (I was going to make a post with like the exact same content last night when I got this working, but I saw someone else already beat me to it)

PrinceNOOB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solcott said:
George Dawes said:
This game does NOT work on NTSC TVs. None of them. Not a one, and anyone who claims otherwise better get their sorry asses to the good 'ol us of a and see for themselves¡
The game works on my NTSC television, doing exactly what is in the first post. (I was going to make a post with like the exact same content last night when I got this working, but I saw someone else already beat me to it)
Mhmm it works for me too thanks for confirming.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
solcott said:
I know it works on NTSC TV's, and I've been saying it all along (in the SW3 threads), but prince caspian up here was adamant that it didn't work. Every time he was informed that it did he would put his fingers in his ears shouting "nah nah I can't hear you, I've tested it on 12hdtvs and it doesn't work, come to the usa and you'll see".

I was merely parodying it, notice the sarcasm mark at the end of my post; I didn't put it there for fun... =]

Force PAL50 is the only option you'll need, BTW.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
George Dawes said:
solcott said:
I know it works on NTSC TV's, and I've been saying it all along (in the SW3 threads), but prince caspian up here was adamant that it didn't work. Every time he was informed that it did he would put his fingers in his ears shouting "nah nah I can't hear you, I've tested it on 12hdtvs and it doesn't work, come to the usa and you'll see".

I was merely parodying it, notice the sarcasm mark at the end of my post; I didn't put it there for fun... =]

i confirm...
PrinceDUMBASS is an idiot...

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
George Dawes said:

Oh OK. With the whole "good ol' usa" thing I figured you were some stupid hillbilly or something :-|

Sorry, I'm one of those "only-log's-in-once-every-few-months-fags"

Xii

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
solcott said:
George Dawes said:

Oh OK. With the whole "good ol' usa" thing I figured you were some stupid hillbilly or something :-|

Sorry, I'm one of those "only-log's-in-once-every-few-months-fags"

Moderation is key...

ashimonovits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still doesn't work for me...
I've tried Wiiflow and USBN Loader GX both with vidpatch and Force PAL50 plus I'm using the component cable to connect to my Samsung HD TV.

All I get is a black screen and my TV shows a message saying "Mode is not supported".

The only way I don't get that message is if I select Force PAL60 but then I get a black screen with no message from my TV...

From what I understood the best CIOS to use is 223 but I've also trie 222, 224, 249 and 250 but still nothing...

I'm lost
wtf.gif

Any other recommendation will be much appreciated...

Do they plan to issue the game in a non-Japanese NTSC version at some point?

Band02r1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working on my ntsc hd tv with the wii set to 480i force pal 50 and the vid patch on(picture shakes without). I'm using CIOS 223 for the dl image from my usb loader..

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OMG It is finally working.
Uhm? finally? OH forgot,
Im from europe
and got a Pal wii.

ahahaha... ok it isnt funny xD (maybe for some people)

KrackDaddyKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ashimonovits said:
Still doesn't work for me...
I've tried Wiiflow and USBN Loader GX both with vidpatch and Force PAL50 plus I'm using the component cable to connect to my Samsung HD TV.

All I get is a black screen and my TV shows a message saying "Mode is not supported".

The only way I don't get that message is if I select Force PAL60 but then I get a black screen with no message from my TV...

From what I understood the best CIOS to use is 223 but I've also trie 222, 224, 249 and 250 but still nothing...

I'm lost
wtf.gif

Any other recommendation will be much appreciated...

Do they plan to issue the game in a non-Japanese NTSC version at some point?

Well i have a samsung 650 and it dosnt sync to 50hz and that is the problem. to the best of my knowledge no samsung tvs sync to 50 Hz if anyone knows something i don't let me know because i would prefer not having to wait the next 6 months or what ever it is to play this game.

RolandHazoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game works fine on my NTSC TV, both with and without component cables.
Course it could be my loader, I use CFG-USB-Loader-MOD.

Not quite sure why I keep seeing so many threads with people having issues with this game. Seriously it works fine. I just played it last week after not playing for about 8 months. It has always worked for me.

DaveZ_227451

≡≡ Big Kid ≡≡
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game works as any other would. Using default settings and standard setup with wiiflow? I don't understand what all the fuss is about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins...