Hacking How to get New Super Mario Bros wii Working (Disc, Usb, mod chip, soft

RetroHero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a simple way to get the game working no matter what your set up is.

cios rev 15
uloader 3.1
a patched version of the game (if the game is crashing after 5-10min of gameplay it isn't patched) I sugesst finding [Wii]New Super Mario Bros[PAL][FIX WORKS ON USBLOADER DVD] NO LINKS

Install cios rev 15 (this breaks neogamma but dont worry)
get uloader 3.1 and launch it through the homebrew channel
Either play your patched game via disc or usb (uloader 3.1 supports both)

I know a lot of people are upset that cios rev 15 kills neogamma but uloader loads all my games perfectly (PAL, NTSC, new games, old games).

*Note*
I am on a launch American Wii
3.3U
Softmodded

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A patched iso should run fine from any of the usb loaders and cios rev 14. I'm using a patched iso with usb loader gx and cios rev 14 and it works just fine. The only reason i really see to use this method is if you have to use a disc and don;t have a mod chip.

RetroHero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And a lot of people still use only DVD-R. So this is one method that is a catch all for everyone.

Plus uloader is a really great program. Alt dol loading, compatable with everything I throw at it (so at least all the games I have which is about everything worth playing).

I just see that there is a thread of 166 pages and growing and people are still having troubles. This method is quick easy and should work for everyone.

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
This is only a method to run a backup disc of NSMBW through disc channel? Strangely, I run a Pal version through Neogamma R8 fine but got the disc error problem with NTSC version.

raphaelmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I turn on my wii, with nsmb backup inside, I had blac screen with disc error just after pressing A to start the wiimote.

I need to turn on without the disc, start hbc and now I can put the disc without problem and start one loader.

Why this happens? What should I do?

baphomet007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it need to be patched in order to run? I thought a patch wasn't needed for USB Loader GX? I'm having an issue with USB Loader GX where it black screens after a little bit of time, and I have the latest version of USB Loader GX going. Is it because I'm not patched?

This is with NTSC on a recently safe updated 4.2 with CIOS 15. I'm not sure if I need to trucha sign IOS 53, supposedly the safe update does not trucha sign it, but I'm pretty sure its installed already at least...

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you love uLoader so much, stop using r15, stick with Hermes' cIOS222, and poke Hermes' to add the patch code for NSMB PAL and NTSC. It's a super easy patch to add to uLoader.

smash_brew said:
A patched iso should run fine from any of the usb loaders and cios rev 14. I'm using a patched iso with usb loader gx and cios rev 14 and it works just fine. The only reason i really see to use this method is if you have to use a disc and don;t have a mod chip.

QUOTE(ebusta @ Nov 18 2009, 06:49 AM) Does it need to be patched in order to run? I thought a patch wasn't needed for USB Loader GX? I'm having an issue with USB Loader GX where it black screens after a little bit of time, and I have the latest version of USB Loader GX going. Is it because I'm not patched?

You do NOT need to patch the ISO file for USB Loader GX or WiiFlow or any other up-to-date USB loader (I've only confirmed USB Loader GX and WiiFlow for both NSMB PAL and NTSC). You can run a clean ISO or rip straight from your own retail copy of the game.

A patched ISO is only needed for out-of-date USB loaders and people wanting to run from disc. The cIOS r15 is only needed for people wanting to run from disc. I would recommend avoiding it.

baphomet007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antiaverage said:
If you love uLoader so much, stop using r15, stick with Hermes' cIOS222, and poke Hermes' to add the patch code for NSMB PAL and NTSC. It's a super easy patch to add to uLoader.

smash_brew said:

QUOTE(ebusta @ Nov 18 2009, 06:49 AM) Does it need to be patched in order to run? I thought a patch wasn't needed for USB Loader GX? I'm having an issue with USB Loader GX where it black screens after a little bit of time, and I have the latest version of USB Loader GX going. Is it because I'm not patched?

You do NOT need to patch the ISO file for USB Loader GX or WiiFlow or any other up-to-date USB loader (I've only confirmed USB Loader GX and WiiFlow for both NSMB PAL and NTSC). You can run a clean ISO or rip straight from your own retail copy of the game.

A patched ISO is only needed for out-of-date USB loaders and people wanting to run from disc. The cIOS r15 is only needed for people wanting to run from disc. I would recommend avoiding it.

Thanks for your help!

Crap, I gotta figure out why unpatched isn't working. It feels like I've tried everything. After 5-10 minutes a black screen with an error pops up. Do I need to trucha sign IOS 53, could that possibly cause a black screen?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebusta said:
Thanks for your help!

Crap, I gotta figure out why unpatched isn't working. It feels like I've tried everything. After 5-10 minutes a black screen with an error pops up. Do I need to trucha sign IOS 53, could that possibly cause a black screen?

Your problem is cIOS r15. Get rid of it. USB Loader GX now runs off of cIOS222 v4 by default. Make sure you delete the cfg files for USB Loader GX so that it can start fresh. Also, make sure you're running the latest version of USB Loader GX.

baphomet007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got rid of CIOS 15, put CIOS 14 back on, installed CIOS 222 as explained in the guide you linked, made sure I had the latest version of USB Loader GX, and I black screen with error before anything loads. I tried uLoader 3 as well, same exact issue. Hrmmm..

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
antiaverage said:
ebusta said:
Thanks for your help!

Your problem is cIOS r15. Get rid of it. USB Loader GX now runs off of cIOS222 v4 by default. Make sure you delete the cfg files for USB Loader GX so that it can start fresh. Also, make sure you're running the latest version of USB Loader GX.

So any chance of NSMB patched or unpatched, PAL or NTSC working on the latest GX from disc with rev14 on a softmodded set?

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riahc3 said:
When you say "patch", what exactly do we need to "patch"?
I quote myself
tongue.gif

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros[NTSC][FIX][WIISOS.com] this is tthe file im a bout to use ive had no luck with pal on a usa councel (im no noob not to be rude) and have tried just a bout every thing im on 4.0 with wan's rev 14 and hermes (sorry my spelling isnt awsome) 222/223 what ever his new one was as of last release dose ay one know if that file works?

riahc3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone needs to post a sticky guide on how to get NSMBW working with USB, disc, and SD loading.
Way too many information in this thread to be useful to anyone.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually really easy to get this working, it takes like 10 mins but works great on Neogamma R7

Download this:
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_PROPER_FiX_Wii-iND
(Search for it, you will find it, file name is "ind-nsmbw-v2")

Make sure you put the files from the .rar file you download in the SAME directory as the ISO and the ISO must be named "qf-nsmbw.iso" (I tested on the full release I don't know if it will work scrubbed!)

You will get a new iso, burn that up and load the game...
Playing right now on 4.1U cIOS38Rev14, Neogamma R7 Autoboot Channel (with "Loading" graphic before game launches found on this forum somewhere)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...