How to force Visual Studio 2022 Setup to download and install everything on my D drive and not my System Drive C?

GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Visual Studio 2022 Setup doesn't allow me to download and install Visual Studio at all.

Visual Studio 2022 Setup says that I need at least 27.31 GB free space in my System Drive C even after I configured Visual Studio 2022 Setup to download and install everything on my D drive in the "Installation locations" tab including Visual Studio IDE, Download cache and Shared components, tools, and SDKs.

And I don't know why Visual Studio 2022 Setup insists to download and install a lot of GBs in my System Drive C even after I configured Visual Studio Setup to download and install everything on my D drive.

I don't have much space in my System Drive C and the free space available there is insufficient to download and install Visual Studio 2022 even if Visual Studio 2022 Setup is configured to download and install everything on my D drive.

As a result Visual Studio 2022 Setup doesn't allow me to download and install Visual Studio at all.

Is there a way to force Visual Studio 2022 Setup to download and install everything on my D drive? And also check how much free space available in my D drive and not my C drive before download and installation?

I have free space of hundreds of GBs in my D drive and I want Visual Studio 2022 Setup to download and install everything there.

I thought about the idea to run Visual Studio 2022 Setup inside a virtual machine like Microsoft Hypervisor, Oracle VirtualBox or VMware but I afraid that Visual Studio IDE will run too slowly there.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

GAMEBOYADVANCETEMPORARY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)