How to fix YLoD on ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Mrnoodlehead, Jan 7, 2011.

Jan 7, 2011

How to fix YLoD on ps3 by Mrnoodlehead at 10:53 AM (745 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Mrnoodlehead
    OP

Newcomer Mrnoodlehead Member

United States
    So my Ps3 recently YLoDed on me [​IMG]. I was wondering which the best way to fix it? Should I pay for it to get fixed? I have heard of how to fix it with a soldering gun, soldering wire and heatsink. Is this difficult and is heatsink a valuable thing in the process since I have a solderer and and wire but no heatsink.

2. DeadlyAnGeL91792

Member DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    heatsink and a heat gun is all you need to fix it youtube around and youll see

3. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Soldering? New heatsink? Whaaa? I've never heard such things... You can go about it about several ways depending on how much money you got.

New PS3 ($300) > Professional repair ($100-200?) > Reflow with heatgun ($0-50) > Reflow with oven ($0-10)

They all get the job done

4. Mrnoodlehead
    OP

Newcomer Mrnoodlehead Member

United States
    Reflow with oven $10 ill take that hahah.

Soldering gun i assumed was the same things as a heat gun?

5. synce

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Oops I meant to type "soldering wire" my bad, but yes it's the same thing. As for the oven method, you can just youtube it etc if you're serious. It's worked twice for me [​IMG]