How to fix Steam Won’t Open in Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by micjustin33, Aug 8, 2018.

1. micjustin33
    OP

micjustin33 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    I can't get the game to launch from Steam, when I press play it says running for 10 seconds then nothing happens. I have tried deleting and redownloading with no success.

Microprocessor
    2nd generation Intel Core i5-2410M Processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.90 GHz
    Memory
    4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
    Memory Max
    Maximum supported = 16GB
    Video Graphics
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

I was using this solution guide but still facing problem https://www.onlineprivacytips.co/guides/fix-steam-wont-open/

2. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Which game?

Not every game supports running from Intel integrates graphics, so take that into account when checking the games minimum specs.

3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    There are various steps you could take to potentially fix your problem, @Originality 's being the first step. If it's a relatively low-graphics game and you're still having problems, you could try disabling Steam overlay (Steam, settings, in-game, uncheck "Enable the Steam overlay while in-game"), running the .exe straight from Explorer, or closing all other apps except Steam.