OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is the right section, but it was the closest one I could pertaining to this question. How would I go about fixing screen burn in on a phat TV? I tried googling it but I can only find solutions for LCD and Plasma displays.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You don't. If you don't want to see it, you'll have to buy a new TV/Monitor.

Don't pay any attention to software vendors claiming their program can fix a CRT, it is not possible.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
leave your crt playing bright and colorful movies (with a lot of action preferably) for a few days/weeks - ( or even months) depending on how severe is the burn in.

the reason why a burn in appear is because the phosphor in sub-pixel is more worn ( decayed) than in the other sub-pixel around.
however the more worn is the phosphor in a sub pixel, the solwer it decays. By leaving your crt playing movies in loop, it will level the wear of the pixels.

there is no real way of removing all traces of burn in, but it will make it less visible

edit : just an idea, not tested, you can always try a negative (reversed colors) picture of what is burned on your monitor

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the sort of burn that is caused by having a magnet too close to the CRT for too long?
Or the sort caused by displaying the same image on the screen for too long?

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Is this the sort of burn that is caused by having a magnet too close to the CRT for too long?

That wouldn't really be described as burn, and can be fixed with degauss (or another magnet and a steady hand if no degauss features.) Image burn in that is visible when the screen is turned off is irreversible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D