Gaming Hardware how to find the point to solder to create a bluetooth button for the joy con without the need for the FLEX SL/SR

ShidoNyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good morning, afternoon or evening, a question for those who know about joycons, in the photo that I will send where the PCB of the right joycon appears, where is it located to activate the bluetooth of the right joycon? What happens is that the FLEX connector of the SL/SR broke and the bluetooth button stopped working to pair the controls of the switch and the PC that I use a lot in the latter, and I have not thought about buying another flex since it is the second that breaks and I better try to create a bridge to install a button in the points where the bluetooth button should go, I would like to know in which part of the board I have to connect the point, thank you very much if you answer. eg like in this picture if you connect this test point to COL it seems to register as a press on the "HOME" button. (didn't find this out, the user is called moribellamy, all credit goes to him) i want to do the same thing but i need to find the pcb bluetooth point;

53460594-7b005900-39f2-11e9-9179-016dcad3ef4a.png

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: ShidoNyu

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: binkinator

ShidoNyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nice clean pic!

I thought it looked like 4th one.

View attachment 336726
great, when I touch that part with the tweezers sometimes it does nothing but there are times that I am touching the port where the FLEX PCB is off, the joycon is a clear example that is thinking that the button is being touched, but when I go back to do or try to keep 5 seconds for it to SYNCHRONIZE with the pc or with the cell phone it does not come out as in the search it seems that something is missing that makes the action of playing take 5 seconds to activate the SYNC and they know what my match with him was left joycon? The SL/SR and SYNC buttons literally stopped working so xDDDD it was literally the only controller that took better care of it than others and never fell off and yesterday when I tried it with the right joycon the left one seems to not work anymore, the first 3 lights on the left joycon work but not the last one, good nintendo moment in making "quality" joycon
Post automatically merged:

the other problem is that in the part where the FLEX is connected it is a difficult place to solder a cable since it could go too far with the soldering iron and end up breaking the pins, it seems an alternative but I would prefer to find an easier point on the PCB, since that now only touching a certain part of the input where the FLEX goes makes the joycon turn off but not turn on the SYNC, which would be to keep it for 5 seconds

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great, when I touch that part with the tweezers sometimes it does nothing but there are times that I am touching the port where the FLEX PCB is off, the joycon is a clear example that is thinking that the button is being touched, but when I go back to do or try to keep 5 seconds for it to SYNCHRONIZE with the pc or with the cell phone it does not come out as in the search it seems that something is missing that makes the action of playing take 5 seconds to activate the SYNC and they know what my match with him was left joycon? The SL/SR and SYNC buttons literally stopped working so xDDDD it was literally the only controller that took better care of it than others and never fell off and yesterday when I tried it with the right joycon the left one seems to not work anymore, the first 3 lights on the left joycon work but not the last one, good nintendo moment in making "quality" joycon

the other problem is that in the part where the FLEX is connected it is a difficult place to solder a cable since it could go too far with the soldering iron and end up breaking the pins, it seems an alternative but I would prefer to find an easier point on the PCB, since that now only touching a certain part of the input where the FLEX goes makes the joycon turn off but not turn on the SYNC, which would be to keep it for 5 seconds

You’re kinda going out on a very custom limb here.

Most folks will have exp with simply replacing the broken flex cable.

I think a multimeter is going to be your best source of info here.

Once you figure it all out you should publish a guide.

Reactions: SylverReZ

ShidoNyu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Estás saliendo a una rama muy personalizada aquí.

La mayoría de la gente tendrá experiencia simplemente reemplazando el cable flexible roto.

Creo que un multímetro será su mejor fuente de información aquí.

Una vez que lo averigües todo, deberías publicar una guía.
If I had already wanted to change the flex, I would have done it already, but I am not giving Nintendo more money for a cable that seems made to break over time even if you take good care of your controls, it is already happening twice with the right joycon It seems that the flex in use is in constant movement even though it doesn't seem like it, and not to mention the R1 or the famous Joycon DRIFT, it lacked a multimeter so I had to use a clip to lengthen it and check where the fourth pin of the flex went, and seems to be this

here i am connecting the dots (I know I missed tinning the point where the cable goes but with the soldering iron I have it is too thick and I cannot regulate the temperature)

here the button

Attachments

• Punto Bluetooth.jpg
    Punto Bluetooth.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20221128_224220[1].jpg
    IMG_20221128_224220[1].jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20221128_233022[1].jpg
    IMG_20221128_233022[1].jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited by ShidoNyu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.