Tutorial  Updated

How to edit Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - easy

Super Easy Xenoblade Chronicles 2 save editor

I Have windows XC2 Save editor for people who want to customize their save
Check it out here and github if you would like to contribute
Latest release

Things to be aware of:
Make sure you make a backup of your original save.
There can be bugs in just maxing out everything.
I recommend running template and looking threw it to understand the structure
also you can comment out values you don't want changed in the script with //

what you need
NEW UPDATED SCRIPT! x43x61x69 - thanks
check occasionally​
  1. Extract the XC2-Editor.zip
  2. backup your bf2savefile.sav
  3. copy into XC2-Editor
  4. run 010 editor
  5. open your save (bf2savefile.sav)
  6. click on run template -> select bf2savefile.1sc we downloaded from earlier. "
edit2.png
  1. click on run script -> select bf2savefile.bt
run script.png

Done !

Your output will look similar to this
output.png

You must have one of the item before it is Maxed out

Use your items and rerun

Attachments

• XC2 Editor.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 3,435
Last edited by Type_O_Dev,

Machiavelli0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you open .sav run like image not threw menu
View attachment 124209
I just tried as you said and I got the same error. I've uploaded the error. It says executing the .1sc on the .sav but the money error is the same.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

once you open .sav run like image not threw menu
View attachment 124209
Think I got it! The instructions say run the template .1sc but I think .1sc is the script and the .bt is the template. When I run .bt first then run the 1sc it worked.

Attachments

• bf23.PNG
    bf23.PNG
    7.5 KB · Views: 274

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same Error. And if I try to "edit" my Driver Stats it doesnt change anything. I tried without the script because the script always shows error to me.

Oh btw. I think we should post what Region we are: for me its EU Region / German Subs Ingame.

juliotrejo888

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks to myself for answering the question of why no one here responded, here is the object that can transfer the blades, the maximum amount is 99

Attachments

• DISPOSITIVO DE TRASPASO.PNG
    DISPOSITIVO DE TRASPASO.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by juliotrejo888,

tankmaster55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thank you for doing this, its freaking awesom. Second, can some one help me edit my save file so i can have 99 overdrives protocols? Im on my first playthrough and just want some overdrives protocols ( No lvl 99 and max out stats, etc). Im stupid with messing around with the program, I dont understand how to use it. So if some one can help me i would be very grateful.

Attachments

• xeno 2 savefiles.rar
    93 KB · Views: 143

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First of all thank you for doing this, its freaking awesom. Second, can some one help me edit my save file so i can have 99 overdrives protocols? Im on my first playthrough and just want some overdrives protocols ( No lvl 99 and max out stats, etc). Im stupid with messing around with the program, I dont understand how to use it. So if some one can help me i would be very grateful.

The easiest way is to get at least one via story or finishing the chart of some rare blades, then use the max item patch. This would be the only non-manual way to do it. Otherwise, look for other people's value and edit one of the event item yourself.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Same Error. And if I try to "edit" my Driver Stats it doesnt change anything. I tried without the script because the script always shows error to me.

Oh btw. I think we should post what Region we are: for me its EU Region / German Subs Ingame.

That error only occurred when you load your save incorrectly, loaded a corrupted save, didn't run the .bt on the .save first, didn't run the .1sc on the .save. What it said was basically "I can't find the offset of value 'Money' in the save", and since the Money offset is at the head of the save, it usually means you didn't load it correctly or did not apply the .bt.

Region does not affect the saves. The only difference is the name value of the blades, which is based on localization of the game, not even the region.

Last edited by _______,
Reactions: Frexxos

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful with stat editing personally I would just leave it alone all together.
Update: new script by default has maxed stats disabled so that no longer an issue unfortunately for me I would have to delete my NG+
and re edit my 1st playthrough backup since the stats are bugged making me invincible in combat.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think my save is bugged? I only have one driver art for most of my rare blades. And I can't even use it.
Yeah that save is no good get your backup ready. Sounds like you had the maxed weapon/ driver art points enabled before getting the rare blades
Need to edit the script like this
// setDriverWeaponPointsMax(0);
// setDriverArtLevelsMax(0, 5);
Basically don't ever enable these 2 lines without getting "All" rare blades first including the ones from NG+ Tho I'm not even sure if these cheats will affect future new blades so to be safe never use them.
Disable cheat lines //
To enable cheat lines just remove the // in front of them then save your script after your done

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that save is no good get your backup ready. Sounds like you had the maxed weapon/ driver art points enabled before getting the rare blades
Need to edit the script like this
// setDriverWeaponPointsMax(0);
// setDriverArtLevelsMax(0, 5);
Basically don't ever enable these 2 lines without getting "All" rare blades first including the ones from NG+ Tho I'm not even sure if these cheats will affect future new blades so to be safe never use them.
Disable cheat lines //
To enable cheat lines just remove the // in front of them then save your script after your done
I'm out of luck then, I'm too far in the game from my original backup.

Oh well. Guess I'll be using Homura the whole game unless another solution pops up.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out of luck then, I'm too far in the game from my original backup.

Oh well. Guess I'll be using Homura the whole game unless another solution pops up.
It's a bummer a lot of things that are enabled by default on the script breaks the game to those who have little knowledge on what to do.
But yeah anything involving stats and driver arts are permanent once the changes are made. I only use the editor to max items, weapon chips, and materials leaving everything else alone.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now I used the script again and it worked fine. But I also had to recover my unmodded save... It's definitly no fun when all stats maxed out. In the first few minutes you kill everything and its fun. But after a while the game feels boring because you are completly overpowered.
Now with only money, ether and items maxed out it is just perfect! No more grinding and i really enjoy my new game plus! Thanks alot

Reactions: MasterJ360

cac0714

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started NG+ did not realize that the script affected blades that I had not unlocked so negatively. I was wondering if anybody has a save with access to NG+ with all blades unlocked and actually maxed? or even better fix the one that I have?

Attachments

• NG+ 20180520-152226.rar
    119.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by cac0714,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
has anyone have a save with all blades unlocked?

If all blades unlocked, it can only be post game as some can only be in the party after certain point, 2 of them can only be obtained after the world tree. NG+ will reset story related blades.

With the 99 core hack, you can get all the non-story-related rare blades within an hour. (e.g. if you didn't get a rare from 99 cores, re-inject your last hacked backup and do it again until you get one.)

I got all the rare blades, but I doubt you can share my save due to region differences. The blade names will f-up.

Last edited by _______,

Lykon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll post it here too, since this thread seems more active.

It would be very nice to have permanent Pneuma like in one of the last segments of the game.
Pneuma's id is 1003, but Mythra and Pyra have a strange game mechanic. I don't know if I should change the equipped blade or simply a flag (like the one that says that Hikari/Mythra is equipped, except I tried that one).

Also unlocking blade 1105 Poppibuster without the DLC makes the game crash after equipping her.

Blade 1106 and 1107 are called Shulk and Fiora, but they also make the game crash (probably placeholders for a future DLC).

Still trying to get permanent Pneuma (third Pyra/Mithra form). No luck yet, help accepted.

EDIT: I even tried adding to the party the blade with id 1074 (that seems to be a duplicate for Pneuma), but not only it doesn't appear in the list, but also breaks Hikari/Mithra (unable to switch to Pyra).

Last edited by Lykon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1