1. GothicIII

OP GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    Hello,

I have a pretty shitty game which was released only in my country as physical cart. To get it to a playable state (it is very buggy and crashes a lot) I want to install the game update.

My plan is using a ofw 5.1.0 switch install the game update in it, dump keys and nand, extract the game update from it and make a nco to install it on my console.

But I cant find any info in how to make this with game updates.

Any help appreciated.

Can this help? https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-sd-to-nsp-dumper.514816/

Last edited by GothicIII, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Canada
    Just download it. What game?

3. GothicIII

Gambia, The
    "Schlag den Star" . Nobody dumped the patch files yet because the game is so unknown and bad. I'm trying with Nintendo Switch SD to NSP Dumper. I've got all keys it needed but I just get 'PRODINFO.bin missing' when "load RSA KEK". Despite beeing successfull mounting everything the game update won't show inside the tool so I cannot make an update package.

I've got the plain gamefile update of 1GB, though but I'm pretty sure this won't help at all.

4. SimonMKWii

SimonMKWii Professional Idiot

Australia
    You don't need the RSA KEK for update tickets.

5. GothicIII

Gambia, The
    Can you please tell me then which tool I need to make an installable and working updatefile (*.nsp). Obviously the "Switch SD Tool" fails here.
    I don't need handholding I just don't quite understand which tools are meant for which tasks.

EDIT:

Ok it works. I created the decrypted *.nca out of the update file and the game is now recognized. Still it asks for a ticket to create a *.nsp file.

EDIT2: Would be easier and not such a timewaster if someone told me that prodinfo.bin is a partition inside the switch (the readme mentioned this but I searched for PRODINFO.bin not PRODINFO :/). Got the working file now. Case closed.

Last edited by GothicIII, Aug 14, 2018
    lordelan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - updates,