Hacking How To Downgrade From 11.3 (Speculation)

OldSchoolTech

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think even if nands weren't console specific you still can't get a9lh on 11.3 unless it's already installed. He's probably thinking of ctrtransfer but that's different.

D

Deleted User

Well, this thread was a real self esteem booster for me (albeit insanely funny) sorry to waste your time guys haha
Nah man that's alright. This is a vidya game forum after all and not a esteem hardware board or something. I'm glad the community is being so nice in this thread.

marine5422

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pure Nand - Console Specific
CtrNand - Can be a share with other.

Using someone's 11.2 Nand -> Brick
Using someone's 11.2 Ctrnand -> Theoretically possible... but

BUT, if you want to use ctrnand you need a privilege of ARM9/ARM11 that already fixed from 11.3.

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the NANDmin.bin contain the console-specific OTP.bin? Now, if it was possible to edit the NANDmin.bin, and there was a way for 11.3 users to extract their OTP.bin, then, would it theoretically be possible to use Decrypt9 to downgrade any 3DS with any NAND? Well, keeping old and new 3DS NANDs sorted, that is.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did it and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

seriously though, if that's how it work, then people wouldn't work so hard on dsiware downgrade or find an arm9 exploit

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Does the NANDmin.bin contain the console-specific OTP.bin? Now, if it was possible to edit the NANDmin.bin, and there was a way for 11.3 users to extract their OTP.bin, then, would it theoretically be possible to use Decrypt9 to downgrade any 3DS with any NAND? Well, keeping old and new 3DS NANDs sorted, that is.
A) the opt is console specific, and not contained in the nandmin.bin
b) the nandmin.bin is uniquely encrypted so even if it was there, the fact it's console unique and console uniquely encrypted means you cannot do anything with it
C) to run decrypt9 you need a arm9 exploit at which point it's the same old story, downgrade to 2.1 dump otp, the ultimate goal is a arm9 exploit, so casually saying "oh run decrypt9 to down grade" is as helpful as ,"just install cfw while on 11.3"..........your simply restating the goal not adding any new idea

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) the opt is console specific, and not contained in the nandmin.bin
b) the nandmin.bin is uniquely encrypted so even if it was there, the fact it's console unique and console uniquely encrypted means you cannot do anything with it
C) to run decrypt9 you need a arm9 exploit at which point it's the same old story, downgrade to 2.1 dump otp, the ultimate goal is a arm9 exploit, so casually saying "oh run decrypt9 to down grade" is as helpful as ,"just install cfw while on 11.3"..........your simply restating the goal not adding any new idea
So, was safehax the arm9 exploit used to run Decrypt9 on 11.2, in order to downgrade to 2.1 and install a permanent arm9 exploit?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Even if you could restore a foreign NAND backup, it would amount to buying a new 3DS but with all kinds of issues of having multiple people using the same NAND. Not worth it.

D

Deleted User

Ok first off:You can't restore NAND backups from other consoles,you can only ctr transfer 2.1/9.2 with decrypt9 which is like downgrading with a NAND backup with your own code.

Second off:11.3 can't access decrypt9 due to all the dsi ware exploits being patched.Including safehax and fasthax.

Overall:The problem isn't getting the system downgraded,it's getting access to decrypt9 that's the problem.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff