Hardware How to demand a refund from ebay scammer?

shadowboy

:D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never gotten burned before, so this is my first experience with these matters. My MSPD is a fake.
http://myworld.ebay.com/edepotxpress/ Is the store, so I dunno... what steps do I take? Do I report him to ebay for selling counterfeit stuff? Or do I talk it over with him? Do I have to pay for return shipping, or should I just tape up the original package and write "Return to Sender" on it. Will I get the 10 dollars in postage that he charged me (RIP OFF!) back?
Advise me please!

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a fake MSPD once, and all I did was contact the seller and demand a refund or I would report him for scamming me, to which he gave all my money back. Feedback is up to you, I left neutral, warning people of the scam, but he did refund my money.

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
should've asked the seller before buying... usually they could be pretty honest and admit that they are selling fake MSPD...
once, one of 'em tried to convince me that the fake ones have same if not better read speeds but slower write speed.

but yeah if they claimed that it is original you should just give negative feedback and force him to give refund
biggrin.gif

they don't usually refund postage though... =/

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
negative feedback is a last resort, and usually out of spite, because they'll return the favour.

if you paid by paypal, then you should be able to get your money back through paypal. you wanna contact the seller first and let them know what you know, and that you'll report them. if they don't offer a refund then take it to the next step and contact ebay. or you can contact ebay and the seller at the same time.

i bought a fake sony usb memory stick from an ebayer, and I got my money back by going through paypal. i didn't bother contacting the seller first, so you may wanna ignore that step as they probably know they're selling fakes
tongue.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is why I'd never buy a SD, Memory Stick etc... from ebay. Too many fakes. If you got it really cheap and way below retail price, you can't really complain.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Threaten to sue his ass to hell and back if he don't return your cash. Remember, at times like this the law is on your side
wink.gif
I've heard that you should never threaten a lawsuit in the US unless you are prepared to take it that far. In the US if you threaten lawsuit that is legal grounds for them to counter sue rather than just waiting forever to see if you'll actually sue them or not. Now of course you haven't done anything wrong and you'd probably win any case that they brought against you (and they probably wouldn't bother bringing a case against you), but court is expensive and a hassle so you probably shouldn't idly threaten lawsuits at the drop of a hat.

Just contact the seller or paypal or ebay and let them know this is not what was advertised and you need your money back. Be calm, but firm and resolute and it will most likely get resolved without anyone having to utter the word lawsuit.

This is advice I read on a law site once, but I'm an artist not a lawyer and don't misconstrue this as real legal advice blah blah blah blah blah.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not much ebay will do, you have to try and get a refund from your bank/paypal.

The only things I buy from ebay are books, harder to fake those
tongue.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how bad are the cheap MSPD? do they corrupt a lot? is saving and loading backups and game saves ok?

I've had a fake Sony 2GB Pro Duo for around a year now and every game I've put on it runs no problems with no slowdown or any corruption at all.

Personally I would just leave it all the sellers on ebay claim they are selling legit cards but I doubt there is actually a handful that are selling real cards. Just accept it and move on, unless the card starts acting like crap then kick up a stink.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've had a fake Sony 2GB Pro Duo for around a year now and every game I've put on it runs no problems with no slowdown or any corruption at all.

Personally I would just leave it all the sellers on ebay claim they are selling legit cards but I doubt there is actually a handful that are selling real cards. Just accept it and move on, unless the card starts acting like crap then kick up a stink.

yeah thats what i thought, as long as the thing works there shouldn't be no problem, just because it's a cheap knock off it dosn't make it completely bad. (although Kingston micro SD's are a exception)

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
well i never get any of those from Ebay, but my friend do..when he got into this kind of stuff, normally he did...

1. contact the seller for a refund, blackmail him that he will be reported to ebay if he dont refund.
2. upon refund give a negetive feedback to warn other user
3. report to ebay and explain the whole stuff (even if he did refunded him)

my friend is very bad toward scammer...he alwasy take all possible action....

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just noticed this thread, I to have ordered from this ebayer. The first time I got a legit 4GB Duo Pro but the second time my 4GB was a 1GB? And now I have to pay return shipping? My fault because it clearly states in his auction that I would have to pay return shipping in case of a problem (Sucks) mainly because I didn't think I would have to send it back and in this case the seller should really pay for it. However it sounds like this ebayer got a bad batch or memory cards and there is no real way of telling unless they opened the packaging and tested it I would think? Hmmm other than the fact that I have to pay return shipping I would almost think it wasn't really their fault because I did receive a legit one the first time around?

Friction Baby

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yep it is storing 4GB of info with no lag about 7 games and a movie
wink.gif
Now I am doing an RMA with these guys we will see if another fake one comes I will keep you posted.

Bi99uy

Trophies
XP
Country
how bad are the cheap MSPD? do they corrupt a lot? is saving and loading backups and game saves ok?

I am currently using a fake stick for my PSP. It works, but much slower then "Normal" cards. It takes several seconds for the PSP to read how much space is left when hovering over some Icon for example. Also the build quality is terrible. As it stands now i cant eject the card, as it would completly fall apart and damage the interior of the PSP. All games and Movies play great however and no corruption have happened.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a fake 2gb stick off ebay once and it worked fine for ages.... Then I got crc errors from it, I got in touch with the seller and they replaced it (with another fake) I then got a refund from paypal! Im now using a genuine Sandisk 4gb card which is awesome
biggrin.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
He is a power seller, you have no chance of getting a refund, because he is more important to ebay than you are, so if he is being awkward there isn't much you can do about it.

A friend of my once made a complete about a power seller and the power seller accused him of using a stolen paypal account, which was a complete lie, and you can guess who's side ebay took.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night