Hacking How to create Custom Banners for Metroid Prime Trilogy

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I have all my games in banners as they are quicker to load that way. The only games I don't currently have are the Metroid games. So I wanted to make the Metroid Prime Trilogy have custom banners for each of the three games. I understand that the best we can get is the alt-dol method, which is fine with me. This is what I was thinking:

1- Have 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy on my HD (It's big enough, so it can house all three)
2- Use the Banners from the Japanese Games for the US releases
3- Rename the TitleIDs so that they all point to the correct game when launching

So I need to know a couple of things

1- What program can I use to rename TitleIDs?
2- What program can I use to create custom banners and have them be linked to a loader?
3- Will this even work, what should I look out for?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and didn't see anything like this asked.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alucard77 said:
Hi All,

I have all my games in banners as they are quicker to load that way. The only games I don't currently have are the Metroid games. So I wanted to make the Metroid Prime Trilogy have custom banners for each of the three games. I understand that the best we can get is the alt-dol method, which is fine with me. This is what I was thinking:

1- Have 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy on my HD (It's big enough, so it can house all three)
2- Use the Banners from the Japanese Games for the US releases
3- Rename the TitleIDs so that they all point to the correct game when launching

So I need to know a couple of things

1- What program can I use to rename TitleIDs?
2- What program can I use to create custom banners and have them be linked to a loader?
3- Will this even work, what should I look out for?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and didn't see anything like this asked.

I thought about doing this myslef but i cant find the Japanese Banners anywhere so if you do please PM me
biggrin.gif

1- You dont need 3 copies of metroid prime trilogy on your HD, you can have the channel use a diff alt dol for each channel instead
2- See above
3- See Below

1- Wadder does this for you pretty easily
2- Either use Crap, or Loadstructer (Ive used Loadstructer before but not Crap so i reccomend it solely on that, maybe crap is better idk) both will get the job done
3- Yes it will work, if only could get the japanese banners ^^

I'd be willing to do it if i could find the japanese banners, let me know plz
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...