--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I asked for a rename too

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do I need to put the entire content of the original RomFS into the game folder on root? Or can I leave out the unmoddified files so that NTR reads the original files instead?

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"bnBootNTR failed"

N3DS 10.7.0 US, Cakes emuNAND, no ARM9LoaderHax, custom region free home menu

It said a bunch of stuff like "addr: blablabla" and then it said "dump finished at addr: 00382000 (next line) current firmware not supported". I was using LayeredFS on Kirby Planet Robobot. What's wrong?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
"bnBootNTR failed"

N3DS 10.7.0 US, Cakes emuNAND, no ARM9LoaderHax, custom region free home menu

It said a bunch of stuff like "addr: blablabla" and then it said "dump finished at addr: 00382000 (next line) current firmware not supported". I was using LayeredFS on Kirby Planet Robobot. What's wrong?
Sounds like you're not using a 10.2 FIRM.

D

Deleted User

I get the "press power button" error when the game is loading. Game is Alpha Sapphire and I'm trying to put custom musics online.
Any idea?

Last edited by ,

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you seen any error messages when building it?
No, but I enabled Language emulation because it wasn't working before, but I think I can only have 1 plugin at a time so that's why.

EDIT: Build.py gives me an error but the plugin still works for other games.

YoshiOG1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get this working with custom text if I use the exefs from the ORAS 1.4 patch to build the LayeredFS plugin? Because when I load the game with the LayeredFS plugin, my custom music works just fine, but the custom text (located at a/0/7/3 for English) doesn't seem to load; only the default text displays when I load up my game and talk to an NPC.
I guess it would work if I use a LayeredFS plugin for the original 1.0 ORAS (no update patch) and delete the update from my 3DS. But other than that, would it be possible with the 1.4 update?

Thanks for any help :)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Texts are also located in the game patch.
So take the GARC for your game patch, paste it in the romfs of the full game and delete the old one, load pk3ds, open text editor, edit, save.
Take the GARC, paste it in your patch, and rebuild the patch.

I don't know if I'm clear enough

Last edited by Asia81,
Reactions: YoshiOG1

YoshiOG1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Texts are also located in the game patch.
So take the GARC for your game patch, paste it in the romfs of the full game and delete the old one, load pk3ds, open text editor, edit, save.
Take the GARC, paste it in your patch, and rebuild the patch.

I don't know if I'm clear enough
Thanks! I actually did this by rebuilding the update patch with the modified text as a CIA, then I installed the CIA, loaded up the game, and it works! This means that every time I want to change the game text (not the story text), I have to rebuild that update CIA. But at least it works now! :D

herolarcio

The difference is night and day.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I generate my layeredfs.plg for Animal Crossing New Leaf, it works, but the loading screens become like 30x longer. Like up to a minute per loading screen. The layeredfs.plg is around 12KB, is that too small?

EDIT: O3DS could also be the reason

Last edited by herolarcio,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to make a plugin for the content restoration patch for FE Fates but I failed miserably.
Then I realized that every tutorial I read only speak of card game. Is this working for games bought and installed from eShop?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: afternoon