Hacking How to create an Emunand?

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm on firmware 9.2 and have Decrypt9wip installed along with Hourglass. I don't have a flashcard or gateway.

Despite searching the web and various forums I have NEVER found anywhere that actually tells you how to create an emunand.

Everyone just says 'There's X problem with my emunand backup help me fix it' but never how or where the emunand came from.

Please...I've looked for so long now.

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've followed Pailect's guide and have got the homebrew launcher/luma3ds/fbi/bootntr. When launching luma3ds from homebrew it just shows a black screen. The problem the game hack I'm trying to run doesn't use firmware 9.2 it uses 10. something but updating the firmware causes Luma updater and bootntr to fail because the firmware isn't correct anymore. I can't win!

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to update to the latest firmware 11.0, no need for staying back on 9.2.
But when I update to 11.0, BootNTR fails and doesn't load up! I can't play the hack of the game I'm trying to without it. So either I'm on 9.2 and the game itself won't run or I'm on 11.0 and bootNTR won't run.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: LongTimeLurker

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, what are you going to update. sysNAND or EmuNAND?
Like the title says, It was never made clear AT ANY POINT during Plailect's guide how to create an emunand. The guide was actually very poorly laid out but I'll let it slide because I don't know the material. I would be updating my sysnand as per astronaughtlevel's advice.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Like the title says, It was never made clear AT ANY POINT during Plailect's guide how to create an emunand. The guide was actually very poorly laid out but I'll let it slide because I don't know the material. I would be updating my sysnand as per astronaughtlevel's advice.
Don't, if you really want something like EmuNAND, you are better off doing Updated sysNAND on A9LH

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't, if you really want something like EmuNAND, you are better off doing Updated sysNAND on A9LH
I'm not quite sure how to do that (hence the thread). Yes, I'm a noob.

The option in Hourglass9 has 'emunand backup/restore' but the guide never mentions where to get an emunand in the first place. How would I be backing up or restoring something I haven't got or been told how to do?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The option in Hourglass9 has 'emunand backup/restore' but the guide never mentions where to get an emunand in the first place. How would I be backing up or restoring something I haven't got or been told how to do?
If you have A9LH installed, you can safely update your sysnand to 11.0.

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

EmuNAND9 can create an EmuNAND. But if you follow the guide, you will notice that at the end, there isn't a need for EmuNAND at all :3

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The point of the guide is to get rid of emunand and live on sysnand. Try the bootNTR You were linked to. You can use the sysupdater .cia to downgrade if needed just make a nand backup with Hourglass9 beforehand. If you brick just restore the nand backup with hourglass9.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the guide intentionally no longer uses emunand/rednand. only arm9loaderhax + updated sysnand.

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The point of the guide is to get rid of emunand and live on sysnand. Try the bootNTR You were linked to. You can use the sysupdater .cia to downgrade if needed just make a nand backup with Hourglass9 beforehand. If you brick just restore the nand backup with hourglass9.
Right because the general idea I've been seeing is if I update to the latest sysFirmware (11.0.0-33 or something like that) then my 3ds is as good as useless, even if I have backup firmware of 9.2 and 4.0. Are you telling me I'll be able to restore 9.2 even after upgrading to 11.0?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right because the general idea I've been seeing is if I update to the latest sysFirmware (11.0.0-33 or something like that) then my 3ds is as good as useless, even if I have backup firmware of 9.2 and 4.0. Are you telling me I'll be able to restore 9.2 even after upgrading to 11.0?
if you are using arm9loaderhax, you can update safely. you won't lose anything. the point of it is so you can have an updated sysnand.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes a9lh can be updated to 11.0 and still restore nand backups and stuff.

jeffsmith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all for your help so far! I'll just run this by you again.

1) Firmware is on 9.2 but the game (and therefore the hack I'd like to play of it) requires at least 10.3.
2) BootNTR is required for the hack to run (duh) but won't function if I update past 9.2 (unless that link that was posted fixes this).
3) If I do update to the newest firmware (11.0.0-33) and BootNTR still doesn't work for some reason, I can restore my firmware to 9.2 and others providing I've got A9lh?
4) That's what I've gotten from this. Am I right or have I missed something obvious/hilarious?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup