ROM Hack How to create a working AR code for a patched ROM ?

Seraviv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have a patched rom of Mario Kart DS and I would want the AR code for Live Ghost Replay

Someone already created a code for me but as I modified my ROM the code doesn't work anymore.

It would be really nice is someone could help me.

In fact I want to use the AR code on DesMume.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That would depend upon a few things.

Generally speaking a ROM hack should not change a simple cheat, save for obvious things like making a ROM hack for infinite health will mean your health cheat does not do much.
On the DS the binary ends up in RAM so it should all be in the same place, some hard patching cheats might not work with other hacks if the other hacks do a ROM rebuild as part of it all but again this is RAM hacks so should not apply. In flash carts some hacks change the thing the flash cart uses as an indicator so you have to feed the ROM to R4CCE or something and get the new indicator value but if this is desmume it should not matter.
Another thing that might be happening is the code only writes selectively and the thing it checks to see to write might have changed.

To that end can you link the patch you used (make sure it is a patch and not a ROM) and also copy the cheats you are trying to use into a post so someone can try to see what is happening.

Seraviv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
By patch I mean (in the Mario Kart DS case) I replaced some circuits (custom circuits) instead of the original ones.

The original AR code is different from the new that a guy gave me. It worked at first with the first custom circuits. Then I added a new one and since this time I can't use the code on Desmume ..

Sorry I'm not from an english-speaking country so I may not all figure out

I can send you the modified rom if it can help...

What can I send you more?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, I will try to use simpler phrasing. My bad.

Replacing circuits is fine. If the hack had done something to ghosts then that might have changed things but this is not that.

Quick test then.

Take the normal ROM and replace one of the tracks with the last track you changed, the one that broke the game. By doing this you can make sure it was not the new track itself that caused the problem (using too much memory, badly sorted KMZ or something).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool