How to create a private TinfoilShop on NAS Synology

maaochenggong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, Actually I use my NAS to install some game on my switch with protocol FTP on LAN. Because i begin to have several games, it's not very pratical to find the game i want install on my switch.
So I try to find a way to create a Tinfoil shop on my nas, at the begining, and after look on internet, I think I can use Github project like PHP-Tinfoil-Server. But i can't arrive to finilize the installation. There is someone try to do it or interested to help me?

maaochenggong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a good idea, but all Synology NAS don't have docker. My NAS begin to be a little bit old but it work great again, so I don't need to change it.

Last edited by maaochenggong,

maaochenggong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
:cry: with 10 years old NAS, i can use x64 app!

But no problem. finally I have find a little Github how work easely on my very old NAS : PHPinfoil

I can't find more simply.

First step :
on Syno NAS config WEB STATION with PHP 8 or more and create a web server to put inside your web site

2nd STEP :
copy PHPinfoil.php inside and change the name (if you want to index.php)

3rd STEP :
create folders :
- /DATA/Games (for your games)
- /Cache (for the json file create by PHPinfoil)

4rd STEP :
config PHPinfoil.php (edit the files)

5rd STEP :
copy all games into the web site

and it's finish... after registrer the website on tinfoil all work fine!

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Since this thread seems to be with experienced people. Is there a way to create a tinfoil shop (without ownfoil as i dont want to use docker) with windows 11 and NOT have to have the titleID in the filenames?

TinfoilWebServer requires TitleIDs in the name, and the torrent packs i download do not have the titleID in the names and it would be better if i didn't rename the files due to seeding. Any help other than suggesting to make a clone of the files would be appreciated!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this thread seems to be with experienced people. Is there a way to create a tinfoil shop (without ownfoil as i dont want to use docker) with windows 11 and NOT have to have the titleID in the filenames?

TinfoilWebServer requires TitleIDs in the name, and the torrent packs i download do not have the titleID in the names and it would be better if i didn't rename the files due to seeding. Any help other than suggesting to make a clone of the files would be appreciated!

I believe you can use Windows 11 but you need a way to share that drive on your network, you can setup ftp for that specific share drive.

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I believe you can use Windows 11 but you need a way to share that drive on your network, you can setup ftp for that specific share drive.
Im not talking about using a NAS though, I'm just hi-jacking this thread for another question related to tinfoilwebserver and having the ability to host a tinfoil shop without having TitleIDs in the filenames

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not talking about using a NAS though, I'm just hi-jacking this thread for another question related to tinfoilwebserver and having the ability to host a tinfoil shop without having TitleIDs in the filenames

The title id tinfoil with nuts and tinfoilwebserver use is quite annoying.

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
:cry: with 10 years old NAS, i can use x64 app!

But no problem. finally I have find a little Github how work easely on my very old NAS : PHPinfoil

I can't find more simply.

First step :
on Syno NAS config WEB STATION with PHP 8 or more and create a web server to put inside your web site

2nd STEP :
copy PHPinfoil.php inside and change the name (if you want to index.php)

3rd STEP :
create folders :
- /DATA/Games (for your games)
- /Cache (for the json file create by PHPinfoil)

4rd STEP :
config PHPinfoil.php (edit the files)

5rd STEP :
copy all games into the web site

and it's finish... after registrer the website on tinfoil all work fine!
Abstolutely thanks for this topic. I was searching some solution for manage my own games in a server remotely. This is a good thing for hollydays project!

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not sure where you get your torrents but aren't you supposed to unzip all the parts to get the nsp file anyway?

For renaming you can check switch library manager. If it's only a couple of files you can do it manually.

Btw if you are good at php you can mod the phpinfoil op linked, make it get the title id of the nsp file through a standalone program or python, then pass it through to switch. You can find more info on how to get title id of nsp files from this project: https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER

Last edited by randy_w,

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
u
Not sure where you get your torrents but aren't you supposed to unzip all the parts to get the nsp file anyway?

For renaming you can check switch library manager. If it's only a couple of files you can do it manually.

Btw if you are good at php you can mod the phpinfoil op linked, make it get the title id of the nsp file through a standalone program or python, then pass it through to switch. You can find more info on how to get title id of nsp files from this project: https://github.com/julesontheroad/NSC_BUILDER
they are already unzipped but the filenames dont have any titleID

I know how to rename them and can learn how to do it in bulk, the issues is my torrent program wont recognise them unless i rename them within the torrent individually which is time consuming as I'm trying to automate the process.

Im not good at PHP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F