Homebrew How to convert VBAlink save+RTS saves?

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have hours of SwordCraft Story's play on Virtual Boy Advance, probably on the VBA http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/gba/vboyadvance.html unofficial port version here (VBALink), as I remember downloading either one of these and playing it on it. However when I tried downloading the VBA once again after a long time, only the unofficial port version loads my save and the RTSaves load incorrectly - they load with the whole screen having a red tint and then immediately it all goes black, only the words "Loaded State x" in red remain. When I tried putting the .sav on my M3 Real it doesn't load, neither does converting via the online convertor to the M3 save type. What should I do, does anyone know how can I:

1) Make those RTSaves work, whether on the VBA or how to convert them to a normal M3/any PC emulator save?

2) How to convert the normal .sav to a M3/any PC emulator .sav?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. After loading the RTS save state, you must save the game by means of the save function of the game. Then you can use the export battery file feature on VBA (doesn't matter which variant, they all got the same function).

2. All gba save files should work except for EEPROM save types.
2A. It works on the M3 GEP and 3in1.
2B. Doesn't work so well in the older M3 Perfect, for these you have to use the save converter in the game manager.
2C. On VBA, use the Import battery function.
2D. Other emulators, you have to see if there is a import/export save function.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank so much for your help! In the end I got the save working on my M3, for which I'm really happy as that is what I've been trying to do all along, although it still doesn't work on nocashgba (even when I put it into the battery file), but that's okay, as I want to play it on my DS.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5