Hacking How to convert a PS1 savefile (.mcr or .gme) to a PS3 Virtual Memory card (.PSV)?

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested them yet, but you can do the conversion yourself now that PSVExporter v1.3 has .PSV encryption/decryption.

Attachments

• psone sav.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 97

Seritho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if this is the right file format, I am hoping to get this Dexdrive memory card/save file converted into a PS3 virtual memory compatible. Is this doable? Does anyone have an archive of PS1 games that have been converted to a PS3 Virtual Memory state? Gamefaqs is pretty hit or miss, especially on some of my favorite classics.

Attachments

• ogre-battle-the-march-of-the-black-queen.5748.7z
    5.9 KB · Views: 136

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. MemCardRex: extract .MCS save files from .GME file
2. PSV Exporter: import .MCS files and encrypt to .PSV

Attachments

• MemcardRex 1.8.rar
    453.3 KB · Views: 168
  • PSVExporter v1.3.zip
    1,016.1 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by zfreeman,

Seritho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I think I get how to do it but not sure about how to name the file. The exporter just created a file called PSV.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it now! Thanks so much!

Last edited by Seritho,
Reactions: zfreeman

zfreeman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, is it possible to install MCBOOT through memcardrex?
I don't think the formatting is the same. Also, MemcardRex is only a PSX Memory Card explorer/editor. You need a PS2 memory card, one with MagicGate. The only ways to get FMCB on a PS2 MC is with an already exploited PS2 or a PlayStation 3 Memory Card Adaptor using the ps3mca-tool-fmcb program.

Reactions: Alexander1970

N64pro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the WWF file. I apologize for delay/late response didn't see any notifications

Attachments

• wwf-smackdown.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 33

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, this turned into a save conversion request thread :rofl:

I just wanted to suggest playing through Digimon World 2003, the PAL variant of the game. In the PAL version the game doesn't end after Galacticmon, and you have some post game quests to go through providing you collected all the epic items throughout the game.

Digimon World 2003 (or 3) is still one of my favourite JRPGs to date, haven't played through it for some time since you're right, the grind is large and I don't have all the time in the world anymore. But the overworld graphics still have some great charm to me. Love it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I think I figured out the problem, maybe, the first block isn't complete, and it's mostly blank, so memory card rex doesn't know what's in the other blocks. that's what I'm thinking.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...