Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wont update just to play online with my 60gb because I have linux on the otherOS partion.... so its a stalemate.

They are c***s for removing features. End of.

Sony will get bollocked in the upcoming class action lawsuits, so we will just have to wait until they reintroduce otherOS or some miracle hacker shows up.

Geohot has been nailing the ipad AFAIK spirit jailbreak is done and dusted, so maybe now its time for him to hit the PS3 again?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KDH said:
blitzer320 said:
yeah this is cool but remember that this sends your psn id and login to that guys server don't know if hell use it or if he can view it but be weary
No it doesn't. It would if it were a proxy, but it's only a DNS server. The only thing that your PS3 will send there is a request to lookup the IP address associated with a given URL, the only thing sent back is the relevant IP address. This is also why it doesn't affect your Internet speed.

You dont know that.

The DNS server could set http://www.sony.com (or wherever the PS3 is going to) to point to the localhost webserver where he has a script listening for incoming requests and logging the data.
You dont need proxies to log data , in fact DNS poisioning is a much easier way to get information if its done correctly.

The only real way to check is to set you PC's DNS to that server , then ping the sites that the PS3 log on to and see what they resolve to when set to that DNS and compare to your own DNS resolutions - the chances are that its pointing to a different web server which someone built themselves to bypass the update issue.

Obviously since they would have had to make it all themselves , they can enable logging of anything coming in.
Its entirely possible that anyone using that DNS server has relinquished their data , but generally someone putting in the effort that they did has no interest in messing with peoples accounts.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update and get it over with. There is no CFW PS3, geohotz is a kid who steals others hacks and puts them together for people, and he has nothing accomplished. In his amazing video, all he did was change the version # and showed everyone the old ass firmware with a fake version #, and people were stupid enough to believe him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...