how to configure gPSP hend?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zalda, Jun 12, 2011.

Jun 12, 2011

how to configure gPSP hend? by Zalda at 3:09 PM (1,682 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    i want to configure gpsp hend so the X button is the A button and the O button is the B button. How do i do that so he KEEPS REMEMBERING it? cuz now he just forgets it everytime I restart my PSP.....
    also the screen size I want to change.

Is there any homebrew app or possibility to be able to read .txt files while in game? the DS could do that with the flashcard menu, but i haven't found an option on the psp yet.....

2. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
  3. lordrand11

Member lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i believe for it to work you have to modify the config file or something.

Also I believe what your looking for is a shell replacement. Just do a google search for IRShell or something similar for psp. I would link but most of the sites I know that have it also have game dumps as well.

4. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    k i'll google that. i guess the latest version of IRShell is fine for me? i have a PSP 2000 with 5.50 on it.
    also, which GPSP version do you guys think is the best?

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Make sure the gPSP folder is not read-only.

CheatMasterFusion is a cheating plugin that can also read text files and can be brought up in a game.

6. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I just use the latest gpSP-J. It's in Japanese, but you can change it by going to
    emulator options (5th option from the top) -> language (the last option in emulator options) -> press left or right to change to english.
    exit the menu and go back in; everything will be in english. I've never had problems with it.

It doesn't support cheats (which I never cared about) and I don't know about difference in compatibility, though. I'm happy as long as the games I want works on it. [​IMG]

As for your problem, I think you can manually modify the config.ini file (or something like that?) by opening it in notepad or the similar.

7. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Many people prefer Kai, and find this build of the emulator to actually have been a step backwards.

8. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    true, but I've been using gpSP-J for ever and I just sticked to it. I've used Kai once, but the only difference I saw was cheats (which I don't use).

9. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    I've been wanting to test Kai to see if issues I have with gpSP-J are resolved there. Black screening after naming in Fire Red, and sprite flickering in Mario & Luigi aren't exactly ideal.

10. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    i haven't changed anything but somehow the emulator remembered my settings [​IMG] dunno why, suddenly it started to remember all that shit [​IMG]

now i've searched for irshell but like so many times, there are way too many versions floating around and i found some tutorials but they didn't seem up-to-date. i have a psp 2000 with 5.50 on it.

now i was wondering if there's any way to configure the analog stick to a savestate? So if i move the analogstick to the right or something like that, it automatically saves to savestate0? would be so awesome!

11. Rydian

United States
    Awesome until you bump it after making a mistake, losing your progress?

12. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    true that, but if it's possible i would like to try it [​IMG]

also i'm really having a hard time with all these terms and things. i bought this psp secondhand and it got a folder in the root called 'seplugins'. can i safely delete that folder? or do i first have to disable something in the recovery menu?

could somebody give me a download for that cheatmasterfusion thingy and explain me how i should install it? same for irshell, see my previous post. i'm really having a hard time here, sorry [​IMG]

13. Rydian

United States