how to configure gPSP hend?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zalda, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Zalda
    OP

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2007
    i want to configure gpsp hend so the X button is the A button and the O button is the B button. How do i do that so he KEEPS REMEMBERING it? cuz now he just forgets it everytime I restart my PSP.....
    also the screen size I want to change.

Is there any homebrew app or possibility to be able to read .txt files while in game? the DS could do that with the flashcard menu, but i haven't found an option on the psp yet.....

2. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    nvm

3. lordrand11

lordrand11 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    Talladega, AL
    i believe for it to work you have to modify the config file or something.

Also I believe what your looking for is a shell replacement. Just do a google search for IRShell or something similar for psp. I would link but most of the sites I know that have it also have game dumps as well.

4. Zalda
    OP

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2007
    k i'll google that. i guess the latest version of IRShell is fine for me? i have a PSP 2000 with 5.50 on it.
    also, which GPSP version do you guys think is the best?

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Make sure the gPSP folder is not read-only.

CheatMasterFusion is a cheating plugin that can also read text files and can be brought up in a game.

6. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    I just use the latest gpSP-J. It's in Japanese, but you can change it by going to
    emulator options (5th option from the top) -> language (the last option in emulator options) -> press left or right to change to english.
    exit the menu and go back in; everything will be in english. I've never had problems with it.

It doesn't support cheats (which I never cared about) and I don't know about difference in compatibility, though. I'm happy as long as the games I want works on it. [​IMG]

As for your problem, I think you can manually modify the config.ini file (or something like that?) by opening it in notepad or the similar.

7. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Many people prefer Kai, and find this build of the emulator to actually have been a step backwards.

8. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    true, but I've been using gpSP-J for ever and I just sticked to it. I've used Kai once, but the only difference I saw was cheats (which I don't use).

9. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I've been wanting to test Kai to see if issues I have with gpSP-J are resolved there. Black screening after naming in Fire Red, and sprite flickering in Mario & Luigi aren't exactly ideal.

10. Zalda
    OP

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2007
    i haven't changed anything but somehow the emulator remembered my settings [​IMG] dunno why, suddenly it started to remember all that shit [​IMG]

now i've searched for irshell but like so many times, there are way too many versions floating around and i found some tutorials but they didn't seem up-to-date. i have a psp 2000 with 5.50 on it.

now i was wondering if there's any way to configure the analog stick to a savestate? So if i move the analogstick to the right or something like that, it automatically saves to savestate0? would be so awesome!

11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Awesome until you bump it after making a mistake, losing your progress?

12. Zalda
    OP

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2007
    true that, but if it's possible i would like to try it [​IMG]

also i'm really having a hard time with all these terms and things. i bought this psp secondhand and it got a folder in the root called 'seplugins'. can i safely delete that folder? or do i first have to disable something in the recovery menu?

could somebody give me a download for that cheatmasterfusion thingy and explain me how i should install it? same for irshell, see my previous post. i'm really having a hard time here, sorry [​IMG]

13. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice